Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Denver mattress - hype??

scootsk
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hi

I just returned from an RV show and many of the sales reps were saying their RVs had "The Denver Mattress" standard. They claim this is the best RV mattress available. I'm in the market for a new mattress and I'm wondering if this Denver mattress talk is all hype. I checked online and it seems that Lippert components holds the market on the Denver RV mattress. Does anyone gave any experience with this mattress. Would if be worth the 600.00 price tag? Thanks for any info you can give.

Denver mattress - Lippert components
Don, Kathleen
2014 Ram 3500 Crew Cab 4x4 Dually 6.7 CTD/AISIN
2019 Montana 3791 Fifth Wheel
12 REPLIES 12

hitchup
Explorer
Explorer
We got rid of our RV Qn-size mattress after less than 2 years. We went to a Denver Mattress store and tested quite a few variations. Because of the height limitations, we got the 10" Durango Denver mattress with individually wrapped coils.

Last year, I noticed online that they are making them in the RV King-size dimensions.

Christmas 2012, we added a cool gel-ventilated mattress topper and it improved the comfort. So when we switched from the 2009 to 2014 5er, we switched the mattresses the first thing.
2014 DRV Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3....our custom home
2014 Ford F450 KR CC 4x4......his office
2015 Lance 1172 TC.....mobile Motel FOR SALE
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005

"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss it, you will land among the Stars."

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
n7bsn wrote:
My mother and sister both had Denver Matresses in their home (it is a moderately good brand name)

Personally, if you like the mattress you have at home, why not use the same brand in the rig?

X2

The mattress in our 5er was killing DW back, she could not get a good nights sleep. We went to the local mattress store found a standard size queen. DW and I both now sleep like babies!! Standard queen is 60" X 80", if it will fit go standard
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

scootsk
Explorer III
Explorer III
DianneOK wrote:
We bought a mattress from them for our fiver and loved it. We just bought the same one for our bed here at home. Not a pillow top.

From who, buy.com or Denver?
Don, Kathleen

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a mattress from them for our fiver and loved it. We just bought the same one for our bed here at home. Not a pillow top.
Dianne (and Terry) (Fulltimed for 9 years)
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)
2012 Ford F350, diesel, 4x4 SRW, crew cab, longbed
2009 Lance 971 Truck Camper, loaded

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

[COLOR=]Camping, nature's way to feed the mosquitoes

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just bought a memory foam mattress from buy.com or someplace like that for a couple hundred bucks. I cut it to fit my specific application. Since its just foam, no coil springs or internal supports to worry about. Pretty comfy mattress... WAY better than the piece of garbage that came with the trailer...
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

scootsk
Explorer III
Explorer III
n7bsn wrote:
My mother and sister both had Denver Matresses in their home (it is a moderately good brand name)

Personally, if you like the mattress you have at home, why not use the same brand in the rig?

Firstly, I think our home mattress would be too long. Secondly, I don't like my home mattress all that much.
Don, Kathleen

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer

2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
I bought a top of the line Denver mattress for the 5er. Very comfortable. Don't know about there RV mattress.

wkswenson
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure about the Denver Mattress... but sounds not much different than a few years ago when we bought our CC at the Hershey RV Show - All the mattresses were "Trump" mattresses...
Walter & Donna Swenson
2013 Cedar Creek 38FL - Front Living, Trail Air
2011 Dodge RAM 3500 6.7 CTD DRW CC LB
Our Website - "A Work in Progress"

Martyn
Nomad
Nomad
I have an RV Queen size mattress that we bought from Denver Mattress a couple of years ago. We love it - found it so comfortable that we bought a full queen one for the house as well.

They have a pillow type top and although the underlying mattress is of a type of memory foam, it was explained to us that is made of multiple smaller (rounded) pieces that act like memory foam springs.

Can't describe the construction in detail without taking it apart, of course. All I can say is that have suffered from a bad lower back for 40 years, and this is the most comfortable mattress I have ever owned.

Had no idea that they are being pushed at RV shows or by Lippert. We only found out about them when we were shopping to replace our old cruddy mattress in the 5er - we had been using memory foam pads on top of the original mattress and it was awful.

We were in one of the Furniture Row stores and were surprised when they told us they made them in the size we wanted.

They are heavy, mind you, and I had to install plastic sheeting under the mattress so that DW and I can move it when making the bed!
2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 27SGS;
2019 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 6.4 Hemi BigHorn;
DEMCO Autoslide; 2 Honda EU2000i's;
Our Website

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased a Spa Sensations Gel Mattress from Walmart in a regular queen size. It fit into the space that we had in our TT (76") and when we sold the TT, the mattress went with it.

I ordered a new one to go in our 5'er the same evening we put money down on it. It arrived in 3 days.

We spent 107 nights in our 5'er last year and it is wonderful! $200 at the time we purchased it and free shipping.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

parker21
Explorer
Explorer
Had a Serta upgraded pillow top in our last RV and it wasn't long before it was showing indents of our bodies and became rather uncomfortable. This time we have a class A that came with a Denver mattress. We bought a mattress topper at Big Lots and we just returned from a month long trip and the mattress is just as comfy as it was brand new. I personally like the Denver Mattress....Better than the Pillow top Serta.