cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dinghy Towing switches for fuses

rgolding
Explorer
Explorer
Please excuse any need to repost, but have been searching for an hour. When I was researching getting ready to tow a vehicle behind our Seneca, I found switches that would make it you didn't have to pull the fuses.

Well, we purchased a Traverse and set it up with a Blue Ox rig and a "Brake Buddy". All is working great! So now I'd like to add the switches, so I don't have to pull the fuses. Searching like crazy, but can't find these switches. Without too much trouble can somebody point me back to these switches? Thank you in advance for the assistance.
Smooth Sailing,
Ric and Jan
Southern Illinois

2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS "Low Key"
12 REPLIES 12

Vapor_Trails
Explorer
Explorer
On our 2015 Chevy Sonic AT, disconnecting the designated fuse turns off the radio, all the dash lights and gauges.

We bought this one. It works well.

Turn key on. Put tranny in neutral. Disengage parking brake.
Push the fuse switch. Go camping.

2018 Ram 2500 CCSB, 4x4, 6.7, 3.42
2019 Grand Designs Momentum 25G
2020 RZR Pro XP Ultimate
A day without fusion is like a day without sunshine.

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
IF the fuse is a normal auto style with 1/4" connections, you can run a small wire, say #14 to a 1/4" quick connect tab, then to the new fuse (keep it the same size and with 1/4" female connector, you can use the same fuse) then to the switch, then to another wire and another 1/4" quick connect tab (male side).

The "Brand Name" is StaKon.

This is the female end. You can buy male ends also, at the auto parts store, Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, ect.

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pangaea Ron wrote:
Or add a charging cord from the MH.

On some vehicles, the problem is not the battery going dead. On some vehicles, the problem is the electric steering won't let the front wheels follow the RV's turn. You have to turn off the electric steering, and you do that by pulling the fuse.

Look at THIS THREAD for a full discussion.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
What is the function that operates through the fuses?
Some vehicles have electric power steering which must be disabled.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Tom_N
Explorer
Explorer
Dinging/chiming only occurs if your ignition switch is in the run/start/on position.

When towing the ignition switch should be in the accessory position. This is the first position after lock. This position unlocks the steering interlock so the front wheels can turn. Make certain the radio and other accessories are turned OFF.
Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA ยท W3TLN ยท FMCA 335149 ยท Mystic Knights of the Sea
2005 Suncruiser 38R ยท W24 chassis, no chassis mods needed ยท 2013 Honda Accord EX-L ยท 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
What dinging?
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

rgolding
Explorer
Explorer
Pangaea Ron wrote:

So you just let the dinging go on in the trailing vehicle 100% of the time?
Smooth Sailing,
Ric and Jan
Southern Illinois

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
From NSA RV Products (the makers of Ready Brake) a Single Fuse Switch, and a Double Fuse Switch for those who have to pull 2 fuses.

But, Dennis is right. It is easy to make.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Save your money and make one yourself. Two pieces of wire and an old fuse. (new one if you don't have one that's blown. Go to an auto parts store and get a new fuse holder, $2.99, and a switch, $1.99 depending on the switch. Using a pair of side cutters, cut the fuse in half and remove the two prongs. Solder the wires to the prongs and to the wires. Butt connect the wires to the fuse holder and connect the switch. Install it in your vehicle and you're done with a total cost of less than $5...if you're in Arizona, come on over and I'll do it for you......Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

rgolding
Explorer
Explorer
That's it!!!!~! Thank you
Smooth Sailing,
Ric and Jan
Southern Illinois

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Here is link to Roadmaster kit. May not be the one for your toad.
Fuse master kit
Yes, the fuse is removed, you then splice a new fuse and the switch into a piece of wire. Then install 1/4 spade male connectors on each end which are plugged into the fuse holder.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker