cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Do you use Electric Pressure washer?

Vulcaneer
Explorer
Explorer
Not my idea. But was advised by a fellow RV'r in Alabama. His was 1600 PSI...but recommended higher pressure, than his.

Just bought one of these. It is just great. Use it for all sorts of stuff. Except RV Rubber Roof. But great for mower deck, stripping loose paint off house deck, cleaning off vinyl siding on sticks and bricks, washing cars and RV. Pressure can be adjusted so it is not too strong for RV graphics. But can swith to rotating tip, to get strong pressure cleaning.

Can wash the RV in about an hour. Use the machine to spray on the soap. Brush it in. Spray rinse with high pressure. And you should see it work on the awning.

Actually bought a different brand that craxxed out shortly. Then bought this one off Amazon. This one is works really well.

I have no affiliation what-so-ever.

This is what I bought
'12 F350 SB, CC, SRW, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 RAR, 6 spd auto
2015 DRV 38RSS 'Traditions'
Pullrite Super Glide 18K

Retirement = It's all poops and giggles....UNTIL someone Giggles and Poops.
9 REPLIES 9

Jtroop1
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same model and love it. 1900 psi is plenty enough and I don't have to deal with engine maintenance
2010 Fleetwood Encounter 32BH

dbbls
Explorer
Explorer
I would not use it on the awing. A detailer use one on mine and it separated the layers in the fabric. Had to replace the fabric and of course, the detailer said it was wore out anyway.
2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel

Greentow
Explorer
Explorer
I've got the KARCHER Electric (1600 psi) and it works great. Just don't hold the nozzle 2 inches from the surface your washing, learn it's abilities FIRST.
2012 Cedar Creek 36 CKTS (loaded). Mrs Greentow & Missy & Maggie, Shih Tzu's with an attitude. USA(R). 30+ years in the Fire/EMS service, GS Life member.
TV is a 2012 RAM 5500 Quadcab with body by Eby (flatbed). Cummins 6.7 with 6 speed auto.

deleted-2
Explorer
Explorer
We have a big nasty gas powered one.
The thing scares me...

relaxin
Explorer
Explorer
Like any other endeavor
use thy brain

I own a 21 hp hot water unit capable of up to 240 degree water temp (yes its steam under pressure) at 3200 psi and 4200 psi on cold all at 4.5 gallons per minute.
OK

I can clean cedar without damaging it, screens without damaging them, painted surfaces without damaging them. or I can set up and cut a patio stone in half, cut through a hardwood 4x4.

its all in how you use it. which of almost 3 dozen tips to use, how to spray things to get the best results with no damage.
Relaxin, hikin, canoin, enjoyin life
headin down the road with a 29' reflection, canoe, camera, & hammock. 2022 GMC extended cab 6.6 litre gasser.
Rug rats grown and gone, just me and my beautiful little lady.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
For previous posts search this Forum for `pressure washer' and search the results for `electric' and read on.
I just used mine (1600 psi) to wash my roof but Soft Scrub with bleach and a brush would have done a better job.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
I don't see using a PW on vehicles as a problem. Just don't start out on one, learn how to use the washer and use common sense. They will eat wood, scale paint, blow out screens, etc if not used properly. I have about 5 nozzles for my 2800psi gas unit and use it for vinyl siding, boat, tt, truck, and even my hardtop convertible. Use the right nozzle and don't go crazy and you will be ok. One of my favorite tools.

Nomadac
Explorer
Explorer
I have a gas powered one and use it for many things, but would never use if for washing any of my vehicles or MH. When I can strip the finish off of plastic outdoor furniture,etc. clean concrete that is very mildewed, this is not something I would use on a motor vehicle paint finish or around weatherstrips.
Arnie
2003 Travel Supreme MH
38KSO1 Cummins ISC 350HP
2004 Honda Pilot w/SMI Air Force One Brake Sys.
1963 Pontiac Grand Prix 20' Enclosed Car Trailer

Gale_Hawkins
Explorer
Explorer
I did but wound up getting a gas one too to really clean well on like decks.