cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Do you use your bathroom? If not, what do you use it for?

viajera80
Explorer
Explorer
Hello. I'm working on an article about whether most RV owners use their bathrooms or not. If you do, feel free to chime in. If you don't why not and what do you use it for instead? Please give examples of what you do use it for. Thank you!

Edit: the post is for the Do It Yourself RV website
108 REPLIES 108

Blutoyz
Explorer
Explorer
Quite new so this question shocked me...why would you not use facilities that you have at your disposal?

Just doesn't make sense to me at all
She may be old but she is paid for (the rig that is)

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
My RV trailer bathroom is full service in all conditions.

viajera80
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
These responses from a few years ago may help. Probably more honest than in this thread...assuming this isn't a hoax.

***Link Removed***
***Link Removed***
***Link Removed***
***Link Removed***
***Link Removed***

Thank you for the additional information. No hoax. I'm a teardrop trailer owner and don't have a bathroom. I have some friends who are new RV owners and they don't want to use their RV bathroom. I'm curious as to why and wonder if other RV owners do the same.

viajera80
Explorer
Explorer
2012Coleman wrote:
I think that this forum is used for research for Trailer Life articles. Just last night, I was reading a recent issue with an article on campground etiquette. The guidelines for proper CG behavior were plucked from this very forum - almost verbatim. Dog poop, outside lights, pets barking, kids screaming, smoky camp fires.

The OP is most likely writing for Trailer Life.

Nope, I'm not writing for Trailer Life. I have some friends who are new RV owners and they don't want to use their RV bathroom. I'm curious as to why and wonder if other RV owners do the same.

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
Wife uses it exclusively! I prefer the CG shower for room and not waiting for the DW !
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think that this forum is used for research for Trailer Life articles. Just last night, I was reading a recent issue with an article on campground etiquette. The guidelines for proper CG behavior were plucked from this very forum - almost verbatim. Dog poop, outside lights, pets barking, kids screaming, smoky camp fires.

The OP is most likely writing for Trailer Life.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder about folks that don't use the facilities in their RV, if they run down to the local service station to take care of business when at home.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
We use the toilet all the time. The only time I don't is if we are right next to the bathhouse, I may go there, and take showers there too.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
These responses from a few years ago may help. Probably more honest than in this thread...assuming this isn't a hoax.

No pooping, 2014
Use shower? 2017
Why the shower house? 2013
Why the shower house? 2007
your own shower 2010
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use the bathroom just like we do at home. The exceptions are 1) be extra careful not to overload with big wads of TP and 2) if camping for several days with no hookups, will use the campground facility to conserve tank space.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, we use the RV bathroom.

But you must realize that the responses you receive will not represent a random sample of RV owners. Even if 100% of this forum responded, it would not necessarily produce an accurate representation of RV users. (Consider the famous example of the 1936 presidential-race poll that predicted Alf Landon by 56%.)

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Depends on where we are camping. IF camping on a FULL hookup site. We use the bathroom. IF camping in a primitive campground. We use the CG facilities. Why? Because I'm lazy, (See sig ) and I am not going to take the TT to the dump station. I also am NOT going to use the little blue tote.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
Where will this article be published?

In Mexico? :?
https://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=73713791

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
Why in the world would we use the bathroom in the RV? :S
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
We use everything in our camper. That's what we got it for.

If I'm the one dumping the tanks ... by golly! I'm going to use them too!

But, we also use the shower to hold the cat in. We put a litter box in the shower, shut the glass door, and when he gets his round of car sickness, will barf in the cat litter. If we let him out of the shower, he barf's in some very unwanted places. If he's in the car, it's all over us!

After 20 minutes of driving, we can bring him in the truck with us after he's all vomited and pooped out (literally).

We use our shower to hang wet clothes and towels.

We use our bathroom for ... well ... taking a shower, brushing our teeth, and combing our hair.

We use our bathroom ... well... for the obvious ... the Royal Throne!

We use our bathroom to set up a separate space heater, as it's position is just right for blowing the heat into the bedroom area (in cold weather).

We use the cabinet under the sink to store our cleaning (chemicals) and tank deodorizers (which we haven't used in years).

We use our bathroom to run the exhaust fan, as it's the only vent in the ceiling with a fan, to help circulate humidity and moisture condensation on the windows and such.

Does this help?