cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Do you use your bathroom? If not, what do you use it for?

viajera80
Explorer
Explorer
Hello. I'm working on an article about whether most RV owners use their bathrooms or not. If you do, feel free to chime in. If you don't why not and what do you use it for instead? Please give examples of what you do use it for. Thank you!

Edit: the post is for the Do It Yourself RV website
108 REPLIES 108

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
At first I could not figure out why my camper came with a shower and a toilet. I figured it out after a few years. The shower is for storage and the toilet and black tank is for additional potable water capacity. It just takes a small ladle to dip the water back out through the tiny hole, and some good coordination holding that pedal down while doing it. I used to use a Homer bucket to get the water out at that 3" blade valve under the trailer, and then pour it in the gravity fill, but that would get me some strange stares at the campground.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
pennysmom09 wrote:
old guy wrote:
don't know about the rest of the world but that is why I bought a RV with one in it

Exactly! Why pay tens of thousands for your rig with a fully functioning bathroom and schlep to a public bathhouse?

Ditto! We love the rv cause IT HAS full bathroom facilities! One of the top perks to these things ๐Ÿ™‚

pennysmom09
Explorer
Explorer
old guy wrote:
don't know about the rest of the world but that is why I bought a RV with one in it

Exactly! Why pay tens of thousands for your rig with a fully functioning bathroom and schlep to a public bathhouse?
Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use it just like at home. With 44 gallons I can go about 5 days or so before it needs to be emptied.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
We have a small trailer with smallish holding tanks. If the public bathrooms are clean and convenient we'll use them, if not we use ours.

I know folks who do not use their bathrooms, folks who only use it for showers and #1, and folks that use nothing but their own. There's no wrong answer to this.
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
Hmm lets see, If I'de rather go to the public rest room and bath house, or my very own, brought it with me bathroom? Is that even a choice???
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

Isaac-1
Explorer
Explorer
Part of the reason I bought a coach with a large bathroom and neoangle shower was so it would be big enough to be comfortable to use, so that is what I do. The only time I might use a campground restroom is if it is closer than the one in my coach. Such as while doing laundry in the laundry room next door to the showers and restrooms, and my coach is a couple of hundred feet away.

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
Terryallan wrote:
Depends on where we are camping. IF camping on a FULL hookup site. We use the bathroom. IF camping in a primitive campground. We use the CG facilities. Why? Because I'm lazy, (See sig ) and I am not going to take the TT to the dump station. I also am NOT going to use the little blue tote.

Bingo!!!!

It depends. Full hook up, why not use it. If limited access to fresh water and dumping, use it sparingly.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Have always use them as I did in my sticks and bricks, now we are full time it is my home!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
We generally use all our facilities, as of yet we haven't showered in it but that is due to my DW not being able to stand and use the shower. The shower is too small for stool for her to sit on so we use the campground facilities. The other thing she won't use is the convection oven part of the microwave. I have even been known to pass gas while seated in the chairs and sofa.

We paid a good amount of money for the benefit of having those things for just us.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
Why own a trailer if you don't use the bathroom? My truck gets 12 MPG towing my trailer. Why not just get a tent and get 30 MPG in a car?

People are silly. :R
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

flifisher
Explorer
Explorer
We use all of the facilities in our fifthwheel. Our home on wheels.

When my friend and his wife hit the road, they will use the RV Park faclities if available.
2018 Ram Laramie Mega Cab Off Road 2500 4X4 6.7 CTD and a Super Gluide hitch
2008 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 30.5 RLS

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use the bathroom just like at home. The rule is nothing goes in the toilet except solid human waste, liquid human waste and toilet paper. No feminine hygiene products. No wipes, even if marketed as "flushable."
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
RV is designated as 'self contained'

That means you can sleep in it, cook in it, wash dishes in it, entertain in it, poop in it, pee in it, shower in it without having to interface with any other facilities.

Yep,........we do ALL of the above.
I even sometimes pee in the shower.
Such is life.

X1, just flush with plenty of water each time and you will never have to worry about plugging up your toilet with "number 2". :):) poop poop!

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
We generally do #2 at the CG facilities only because we dump at the end of a weekend of camping and the "stuff" hasn't had a chance to breakdown in that short of time.
A short walk wont hurt us and most of the time we're outside anyway and the public facility is only another 30 seconds away.