cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

dodge caravan and tow dolly

betsypupcdx
Explorer
Explorer
Can I tow my 2007 dodge caravan on a tow dolly behind my class C??

thanks, LInda
Tye & Linda
Ch Shana's Bbonded-N-Insured UDX VER RA aka "Brinks"
Sketchbook Four the Record CD BN RN aka "Ali"
(standard schnauzers)
5 REPLIES 5

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
A dolly, with brakes, lets you take along a spacious vehicle that wouldn't be towable on all fours. Lets you choose among several vehicles, or change vehicles, without setup expense.

Some minivans have a very wide "track" (side to side stance of the tires). So be sure a dolly you're considering can tote a wide vehicle.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
As per Chrysler Corp. the curb weight for a 2007 Dodge Caravan is:

3,862 to 3,999 lbs

2007 Dodge Caravan, Curb weight

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
If the dolly has brakes, wouldn't know why not, The GCV is quite heavy, but hitch weight on a dolly is near nothing, I towed a 2011 for 1 year on a 3500 lb hitch and had no problem. The owners manual mite say not advisable. But if you leave the tranny in neutral while strapping down, then put it in park as the very last thing you do, there will be no stress against the park mechanism in the tranny, which was the concern in the owners manual.
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Moved to Dinghy Towing forum from Towing.
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Grandpere
Explorer
Explorer
Well Linda you can do anything, but it might not always be the wisest thing to do. The Caravan weights in at 4800-5000 pounds what does your class c owners manual say you can tow? and what will be you GCVW? We pull our Kia Sedona behind our class A and have no problems with the master tow dolly and electric brakes. But it is a heft, and you have to figure in the weight of the tow dolly into the GCVW total. More information is needed to give you an intelligent yes or no answer.
Berniece & Russell Johnson
Lil'Bit, a Netherland Dwarf Rabbit
1987 Southwind
1995 Ford F150 Supercab

Life in the fast lane? No thanks, we will stop and smell the flowers at every opportuity