Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic thermostat showing 88

ianmac23
Explorer
Explorer
Hello please help

My dometic thermostat is showing 88 no matter what it is on. If it is on fan, cool,or heat is shows 88. I have tried powering off everything and it did not help

Thanks for the help

Ian
2010 GMC Sierra, 1500, SLT, Crew Cab, Short Bed, 6.2L, Max Towing Package,2011 Keystone Passport Ultralight Limited Edition
8 REPLIES 8

kellertx5er
Explorer
Explorer
tatest wrote:
A numeric display with all segments on will show the numeral 8. Been this way since neon pixie disolays, through fluorescents and early LEDs. There is something wrong with the display controller, unless this is a fault mode for the heating/AC thermostat itself. Says nothing in the thermostat manual?

From the OP: Really weird I turned it off for 10 mins and it is working now. It is 74 outside so I hope it is not too hot
Keller TX
'19 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L
'09 Outback Sydney 321FRL 5er
SUPPORT TEXAS STATE PARKS

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
A numeric display with all segments on will show the numeral 8. Been this way since neon pixie disolays, through fluorescents and early LEDs. There is something wrong with the display controller, unless this is a fault mode for the heating/AC thermostat itself. Says nothing in the thermostat manual?
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

ianmac23
Explorer
Explorer
We live in Ohio and during the winter our heat is set at 65. So spring break in Florida is humind and hot to us. So yes at 74 and humind we and our husky are really hot. During the summer we would be finw
2010 GMC Sierra, 1500, SLT, Crew Cab, Short Bed, 6.2L, Max Towing Package,2011 Keystone Passport Ultralight Limited Edition

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Some people like the dehumidified air, some like the white noise.
To each his own.

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
I have my air on when its 60 outside...
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Really weird. 74 outside and you need A/C on?
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

ianmac23
Explorer
Explorer
Really weird I turned it off for 10 mins and it is working now. It is 74 outside so I hope it is not too hot

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
Click here for the thermostat manual. I'd try a reset to see if that would work.

Where I encounter the "88"s are when the temperature is too hot. The thermostat then locks out the A/C... but not the fan, so I end up running the fan until the rig is cooled down, then reset the thermostat, and then I usually can get the A/C on.