cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Escapees?

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
I did a search and didn't find anything much about the Escapees. For some reason I assumed that the group was a Class A bunch and never paid much attention to them. But I was reading a blog post on groups to join like KOA or Passport America and the author had quite a section on Escapees. Since he generally agreed with my opinions: only Passport America and SAMS are worth joining I took his opinions seriously and he really liked the Escapees. Only $40/yr to join and they provide a lot of services.

So what do you people think, worth joining? Any members out there?
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper
14 REPLIES 14

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
I joined the day before yesterday and got my signin info yesterday.
Superbumper

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
As said, the thousand or so campground discounts (15% with a few 50%) alone is probably not worth the dues cost, but the overall package is more than worth it. Beyond the discount parks, there's also the club owned parks and member owned co-op parks, both with very reasonable rates, plus the excellent magazine and the other available services such as mail forwarding and roadside service also at reasonable rates. And the topper is the Escapees non-profit CARE (Continuing Assistance for Retired Escapees) center that offers specialized facilities near Livingston, TX to assist fulltimers with illness or injury recovery either short term or long term as needed. No other RV club offers anything like it that I'm aware of.

Escapees C.A.R.E.

When we fulltimed that was our backup plan.
George 20 yr USAF & Lesley

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
As said, the thousand or so campground discounts (15% with a few 50%) alone is probably not worth the dues cost, but the overall package is more than worth it. Beyond the discount parks, there's also the club owned parks and member owned co-op parks, both with very reasonable rates, plus the excellent magazine and the other available services such as mail forwarding and roadside service also at reasonable rates. And the topper is the Escapees non-profit CARE (Continuing Assistance for Retired Escapees) center that offers specialized facilities near Livingston, TX to assist fulltimers with illness or injury recovery either short term or long term as needed. No other RV club offers anything like it that I'm aware of.

Escapees C.A.R.E.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Been members for 17 years plus the mail service. Excellent outfit, but if looking for campground discounts only, probably not worth it.

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
If you are looking for the campground discounts only, not worth joining. We belong because of all the many other benefits, groups, unique rallyโ€™s, etc. the new programs called โ€œHangoutsโ€ just started this year all previous and future scheduled ones have sold out. The newest one in TX sold out in 5 hours. I know this because we got the last slot. Many other benefits and discounts plus information and lobbying for RV interests. Well worth supporting.

They also offer a veteran discount I have never bothered to get because I believe in what they do and donโ€™t mind supporting them. We met Kay Peterson, the cofounder, years ago and loved her at first sight. Unfortunately she has left us but her legacy lives on.
George 20 yr USAF & Lesley

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm going to sign up this morning.
Superbumper

harley-dave
Explorer
Explorer
We've been members for years in our class C. Like their parks, plus they do 4 corner weights at 3 locations and the escapades. Makes it easy to get the RV weighed and balanced. their Road side service seems to be good also.

Dave
2005 Winnebago-Itasca Sundancer 31C
2010 Harley-Davidson Soft tail Deluxe
2014 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special
1999 Chevrolet Tracker 4X4
SKP # 121272

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Great club, far better than the current Good Sam Club. Escapees are run for the members, Good Sam is run for the benefit of the corporation.

We've stayed at most of the Escapee parks, you will see all kinds of camping, tents, vans, trailers, and MH.

The Escapees also offer lots of services that are beneficial to the membership.

Great magazine also.

Just join for a year, if you don't like them, don't renew.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Their magazine alone is worth the price of admission.

Here's their public website: www.rvnetwork.com

. . .and their "business" side: www.escapees.com
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
Escapees is a good group, not just MHs. Large percentage of retirees, but they have added a group for the younger crowd. Lots of sub-groups that cover every interest imaginable. The annual Escapades are well worth attending if for nothing more than the seminars and marketplace. We've been members for years, use the parks occasionally when they are in the right areas. They also do a lot of advocacy work for the RV community.
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yeah I looked at their site list and saw several that we might have used this summer. I saw a couple that we did use in the past. They are thin on the ground in the mountain west. PPA we've found the same thing as you, but I'm going to look again since it's been 3 or 4 years since we had a subscription and our camping style has changed a bit.

Their other benefits look more interesting tho.
Superbumper

Rolin
Explorer
Explorer
We are also considering the Escapees. They have 800 associate rv sites that you can use. My main reason is not the RV sites but the other services they provide.

We joined Passport America for one year. During our cross country trip we did not find one on our route that provided a discount during the season or day of the week that fit our schedule. So we dropped it.

Rolin

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
The key question is the location of all the Escapees RV parks. Are they located in the areas you want you want to stay at.
--------------------------------------------------

That's true that is always the question with these organizations. Reason that I've never considered Thousand Trails.
Superbumper

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
I did a search and didn't find anything much about the Escapees. For some reason I assumed that the group was a Class A bunch and never paid much attention to them. But I was reading a blog post on groups to join like KOA or Passport America and the author had quite a section on Escapees. Since he generally agreed with my opinions: only Passport America and SAMS are worth joining I took his opinions seriously and he really liked the Escapees. Only $40/yr to join and they provide a lot of services.

So what do you people think, worth joining? Any members out there?

The key question is the location of all the Escapees RV parks. Are they located in the areas you want you want to stay at.