cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

EVs Stealing RV Campsites!! Not....

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
Just for fun, check out this rant on that "other" site. Linky Goofus is riled up, worried that them tent campin' EVers are hogging sites that should (in his opinion) be reserved for "real" RVs. He was knocked back quickly, even by folks who aren't EV proponents. His response was a hoot as he doubled down, twisted and turned. Mod finally had to shut him down. We are lucky here, something about that other place seems to draw in the crazies.!:h Enjoy!
37 REPLIES 37

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sorry, but the tents should stick to the tent sites! They have charging stations for a reason.
Maybe campgrounds should start putting in gas pumps!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
My issue has always been the tent taking the 45' driveway and I get stuck with nothing because I don't fit in the other 20' spaces.
At least the electric is getting used. I will mosey on down the road now to the next place. RV still has wheels.
More than any of this is seeing half the campsites empty due to no shows and no reservations available.
Besides it could never be stealing if the EV pays for the site.

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
While I agree that what I am paying for diesel is immaterial and a rant, what is payed for at a CG for a site vs. what someone is stealing (plugging in the EV to the next site, without paying) is absolutely germane. The CG will get their money, even if it means raising everyone else's rates. Pay as you go.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you are different than me or most other folksโ€ฆyou are wrong! lol
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
More and more we are going to see different off the wall things going on. Best thing I do is to avoid the crowds and go where there is an abundance of wildlife. Go where there is no electricity is the best for viewing the stars at night. So good to learn to conserve electricity at night too going off solar or like me run the Honda a few hrs a day. I have been to some beautiful places, I admit are very scary when you hear a cougar call or rustling in the undergrowth at night but, that thrill is part of the get away.

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, though there was some question whether he saw what he thought he saw. Went downhill from there.

That guy went off on a temper tantrum alrightโ€ฆ.

While I agree with SOME of what he said, like parking in an unoccupied site and charging for free, IF the folks paid for a site, there is no problemโ€ฆ.Itโ€™;s theirs to do what they want with itโ€ฆ

That was about the ONLY thing I agreed withโ€ฆ Just like stealing fuel from a gas stationโ€ฆ..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting. I agree, if someone pays for a camp site who cares if they're traveling on an electric bicycle or a 45' Prevost?