cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Factory Warranty

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
Isn't it strange you buy a car for 20 thousand dollars and you drive it every day and you get a 3 year warranty. You buy a 80 thousand dollar 5th wheel and it is not on the road that much and you get a 1 year warranty and the dealer has it most of that year. It is time for a class action lawsuit to force the manufacturers to give a longer warranty and give the owner credit for the time they have it trying to fix it.....
22 REPLIES 22

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
My Jayco came with a 2 year warranty...
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Bob Vaughn wrote:
Isn't it strange you buy a car for 20 thousand dollars and you drive it every day and you get a 3 year warranty. You buy a 80 thousand dollar 5th wheel and it is not on the road that much and you get a 1 year warranty and the dealer has it most of that year. It is time for a class action lawsuit to force the manufacturers to give a longer warranty and give the owner credit for the time they have it trying to fix it.....

Long ways from $80K- but The Jayco 5th wheel I bought new in 2006 which had a "then" MSRP of $52K (paid WAY less, of course) - had a *factory* two year warranty.

Never needed it for anything. (and still have the same 5th).

:C

~

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
beemerphile1 wrote:
Apples and oranges, a trailer is closer related to a home. How much warranty on a new home?

My Jayco warranty was longer than the warranty on this house. ๐Ÿ™‚

Original builder went Chapter 7, assets bought by Builder #2. A couple of years later, they're in Chap 11 and then 7.

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
NJRVer wrote:
How do they warrant the MH?

You buy a brand new Ford, GM, whatever power train. Do you get a new Ford warranty with a MH?

When we purchased our Motorhome, a 2009 Jayco Greyhawk, the coach was covered under the Jayco 2 year warranty and the E-450 was covered under the Ford 3 year warranty. Just like when you buy a car, we had to sign a form stating how many miles were on the MH and what the date of purchase was and that the Ford Warranty took effect from that date.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Neigh. Gasp, choke. Nope, he's still dead.

:B

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

wing_zealot
Explorer
Explorer
So your going to sue the manufacturers and force them to give you a longer warranty. Good luck with that.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Apples and oranges, a trailer is closer related to a home. How much warranty on a new home?
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree with you one hundred percent.

If you ever hear of one starting, let me know, and I'll write a two page list of all the defects and many major issues we had with our brand new 2017 Forest River Lemon.

That PDI is a big joke, since the major issues don't start until you are using the RV
Jack & Nanci

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Neigh. Gasp, choke. Nope, he's still dead.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
It's apples and oranges, when it comes to comparing a TT warranties vs a MH warranty.

One is a vehicle and one is nothing more than a trailer. Why would anyone expect the same type of warranty? :R

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would never join a class action lawsuit..The only ones that make money on those are the crooked attorneys.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
K Charles wrote:
I put more miles on the MH then I do my car, and I walk around in it and do a lot of stuff that I don't do in my car. I carry more stuff in the trunk too. They can't warranty forever and they don't know how much you drive in a year. 100,000 mile warranty on a TT might last 40 years for some people.

How do they warrant the MH?

You buy a brand new Ford, GM, whatever power train. Do you get a new Ford warranty with a MH?

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
wowens79 wrote:
Airstream is a step above in quality, but also in price.

And therein lies the rub - you want more, you pay more - but we all know what the reaction to that would be. So too do the manufacturers so they only build what they know we'd be willing to pay for. Want to know who's responsible? - look in the mirror. :S

Except that Airstream is absurdly expensive. There's no reason why a reasonably priced tt can't be well made. There's really not much to them. For 20k (and even much less) you can buy a motorized vehicle that will last 200k miles. Why not a tt?

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
wowens79 wrote:
Airstream is a step above in quality, but also in price.

And therein lies the rub - you want more, you pay more - but we all know what the reaction to that would be. So too do the manufacturers so they only build what they know we'd be willing to pay for. Want to know who's responsible? - look in the mirror. :S
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380