cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fenders basically fell off... I have an idea.

kamperdog
Explorer
Explorer
Today I was out inspecting the monstrosity again and realized that the plastic around nearly all the screw points holding the fenders on were cracked/broken all the way around. Nothing but old caulk was holding them on. They basically fell of in my hand when I pulled on them. Thats ok though.... I'm thinking of getting some of that light weight aluminum sheet they have at Lowes/Home Depot, etc. Cutting it the same general shape (maybe slightly different) and putting that on, with that door trim u-channel stuff around the exposed edges. Even thought about the diamond plate style. The fenders were white but I may opt to paint them black to match the window trim. But I'm open to suggestions.

Trying to upload a pic. Any pic hosting sites that don't charge?
2009 Kodiak 195. Absolute JUNK.
8 REPLIES 8

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
To the OP, you don't need to use fenders; my old trailer did not have them. Just trim the edge as you suggested with material from your local home center. That's basically how my old trailer came from the factory.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

camperpaul
Explorer
Explorer
Try using "fender washers" and sheet metal screws to attach the fenders.
Paul
Extra Class Ham Radio operator - K9ERG (since 1956)
Retired Electronics Engineer and Antenna Designer
Was a campground host at IBSP (2006-2010) - now retired.
Single - Full-timer
2005 Four Winds 29Q
2011 2500HD 6.0L GMC Denali (Gasser)

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
Another option would be to get some Bondo and fiberglass cloth and patch the place where the original fenders are broken and also reinforce the whole thing on the back side. Drill new mounting holes and paint.

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
Itchey Feet wrote:
Poster,(screen name) "1492" posted a way to insert pictures from your computer to this site, go into the search box and put his screen name in and do a bit of searching for his posts on this subject. It will even resize the photos to post correctly.

Here's the link to that very useful and easy-to-use page.

P.S. to O.P.:

I've been following your travails with your rig and have to say that I greatly admire your good-humored approach to all the problems you've had!
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

dadechil
Explorer
Explorer
tinypic is also free and relatively easy to use

http://tinypic.com/

Itchey_Feet
Explorer
Explorer
Poster,(screen name) "1492" posted a way to insert pictures from your computer to this site, go into the search box and put his screen name in and do a bit of searching for his posts on this subject. It will even resize the photos to post correctly.
My feet are fine as long as they are traveling.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not signed up but, I think Photobucket is free.