cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Flat towing a Chrysler Town and Country

swindall
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at options on what to tow behind my 37' Damen Challenger. Dolly seems cheaper but more of a headache. Started looking at flat tow and was looking at getting a Jeep but then was asked why don't I just get a transmission lube pump kit for my paid for 2012 Chrysler Town and Country. Any suggestions on the pump kit would be helpful, Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Your van is over 5K. I would not want to risk tranny trouble. I would consider a smart car or Nissan Leaf. Just my opinion. Happy Trails
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

Triker33
Explorer
Explorer
A 37' Damen Challenger has a GVWR and GCWR difference of only 4,000 lb.
That is what it can tow. Your Town Car weighs in around 4,600 lb plus what extra is loaded in it.

Best to find a lighter Toad to tow. Or have someone drive and follow the MH in the Town car
Larry Full Time Since 99
1999 34Q Discovery DP ISB 275HP 6 Speed Allison
VMSpc | Pressure Pro
14 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost Toad

Click here to see where I am

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Remcotowing is about the only place that specializes in lube pumps.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
I think you might find the Van a bit overweight for the capabilities of the gas engine. I say that because years ago I saw a motorhome pulling into a campground in Colorado being followed by their van. Wanting to tow a heavier vehicle I asked how it was going. I was told the MH just had the transmission repaired in Denver and they were going to end up driving separately and not towing the rest of the trip. A dolly with brakes will add at least 500lbs to your total package.