cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good price on 12v 19" TV

Bill___Kate
Explorer
Explorer
I have no relationship with RiteAid besides being a customer once in a while. I picked up this 19" TV today for just under $80 including tax. You have to have their discount card, but that is free, and only takes a few minutes to sign up for one. It is powered by a "power brick" that plugs into the wall, but actually operates on 12v DC. It is pretty easy to spice a lighter socket plug into the wire, and run the TV directly from the battery when you don't have electric hookups - cheaper and more efficient than an inverter. I had a very similar 13" model for over 6 years that did the job.

Craig TV
Bill & Kate - Stone Harbor, NJ
w/ Bailey (standard poodle) and Zeke (partipoodle)- both rescues
2018 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab w/ 6.2L gasser
2014 Forest River Wildcat 272RLX fifth wheel
4 REPLIES 4

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks like a good deal....

Which model number is this CLC504E - CLC503 - CLC507...

Do you know what the DC OUTPUT is from the 'BRICK' that plugs into the TV DC-IN jack... Some of those that I had looked at over the years are 17-19VDC...

Assuming yours is working just fine on our 12.0VDC to 14.4VDC nominal DC Voltage range in our RV's...

Also the one 'BRICK' powered type TV I was using years back was a bit to sensitive to DC INPUT variances bypassing the 'BRICK'.. It worked OK but did vary in difference viewing brightness depending on the DC OUTPUT changes using the on-board converter/charger unit...

Running off-the battery when camping off-grid was the best stable viewing...

Mine was a small 13-inch color TV before digital HDTV came out...

When I am running my current VIZIO 22-inch HDTV from WALMART that plugs into 120VAC from my duty 600WATT PSW Inverter I see no change in running from the Power Inverter and the regular Shore Power connections.

Just curious about RITE-AIDE CRAIG TV model... Might be a great BACK-UP HDTV for me... Hard to find the TV's anymore that run from the so called 'BRICKS' - Most have the built-in 120VAC cord it seems...

I too would want to have a HDMI port...

Thanks for posting...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

hedge
Explorer
Explorer
Many tv's sold as 120v are actually 12v with a transformer. I have an Insignia, that I cut the cord off and wired direct. It's been working for 3 years now.
2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB

poppin_fresh
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a 19" Element from wally world (is also 12v) for $99, but it was no deal. The viewing angle on it was complete krap! If you were sitting more than one or two inches off from the center of it the picture was almost impossible to see clearly, if at all.
2016 Bullet 274BHS
2015 Silverado 1500 Double Cab
Andersen WDH

rbturner
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for posting this. I am looking for a maximum of 16" wide though. Never thought of looking at a drug store for a small TV.