cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good RV service location in So Cal SFV area?

dedmiston
We just upgraded to a new fifth wheel and I want to find a good service location before I really need it, hopefully not too far from home. I live near Camping World in Santa Clarita, but their service has been inconsistent over the years and their prices are high. I've been really happy with Metro RV in Burbank for the past 5+ years or so and their location is close to my office, but their service manager retired and I haven't been very happy with their work since then.

So I'm looking for a good shop somewhere in the Santa Clarita valley or San Fernando valley. Any suggestions?

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230
14 REPLIES 14

dedmiston
DAS26miles wrote:
dedmiston wrote:
I called All Valley RV in Acton. They were as sweet as can be, but they said they can only service units that they sold. Fair enough.

I have some issues with our fresh water. The first is congenital: poor design. The tanks don't equalize correctly when I fill them and they end up venting and siphoning much of the water out the vents. There's also no way to completely drain the tanks. The drain is on the side and only drains one of the tanks.

The next issue is probably my fault. I think I let the temps dip too low while we were camping and a line froze and broke. Now water leaks out the sealed under belly whether we are on shore water or the pumping from the tanks.

Those certainly don't seem like easy things to fix unless you know what you're doing. Obviously they have to go into the belly. Since it's a 2015, it's probably out of warranty. Where did you buy it? No one around here sell them that I've seen.
I know full well about dealers only working on things they sell. I bought my 04 Winnebago Minnie from Altman's down in Carson and no one around here would touch warranty work, not even Niel's back then unless they sold it. They have changed their policy and will take in work as long as it's out of warranty. and they can get the parts.
I know there is Benchmark off the I-5 at Roscoe, but someone told me to stay away.back when I had my Winnebago.

We bought ours at Giant RV in Montclair. I didn't like them at all for warranty service. They were horribly unreliable and their work wasn't very good. We're finally at the point where we'd rather pay a good vendor to do the work right.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

DAS26miles
Explorer II
Explorer II
dedmiston wrote:
I called All Valley RV in Acton. They were as sweet as can be, but they said they can only service units that they sold. Fair enough.

I have some issues with our fresh water. The first is congenital: poor design. The tanks don't equalize correctly when I fill them and they end up venting and siphoning much of the water out the vents. There's also no way to completely drain the tanks. The drain is on the side and only drains one of the tanks.

The next issue is probably my fault. I think I let the temps dip too low while we were camping and a line froze and broke. Now water leaks out the sealed under belly whether we are on shore water or the pumping from the tanks.

Those certainly don't seem like easy things to fix unless you know what you're doing. Obviously they have to go into the belly. Since it's a 2015, it's probably out of warranty. Where did you buy it? No one around here sell them that I've seen.
I know full well about dealers only working on things they sell. I bought my 04 Winnebago Minnie from Altman's down in Carson and no one around here would touch warranty work, not even Niel's back then unless they sold it. They have changed their policy and will take in work as long as it's out of warranty. and they can get the parts.
I know there is Benchmark off the I-5 at Roscoe, but someone told me to stay away.back when I had my Winnebago.

dedmiston

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

DAS26miles
Explorer II
Explorer II
I subscribed to this topic 2 years ago. Surprised to see it pop up again today. I'm out in the SFV and live near Niel's. Took my Winnebago about 4 years ago that was out of warranty in for onan generator work. I was impressed at how quickly they diagnosed by problem and fixed it. I would probably take my new 2016 MH to them now that it's out of warranty. Not many options for service out this way. I see you have a toy hauler. Have you checked with the trailer dealer out in Acton? Can I ask what you are taking it in for?

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
This might give you some ideas. Unfortunately, not enough RVers post here. They should.

http://rvservicereviews.com/StateList.asp?Submit=&sortby=location&state=CA&search=&CategoryID=&ZipCo...
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

dedmiston
Two Hands wrote:
We have been very satisfied with Neil's RV in North Hills.

I just sat down to call Neil's, but I checked their Help reviews first. The reviews were pretty bad. I can get bad service here in town at Camping World.

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

dedmiston
kalynzoo wrote:
If you need body work, then for sure it is Final Touch Body in the industrial park off the 126. For general RV stuff I suggest Simi Valley RV on Los Angeles Street near First. I have my engine serviced at Always On Time Auto just across the tracks from the Saugus Dinner on Railroad. They told me they will also do all RV service, but I've never tested them.
Happy Trails.

I just called Always On Time. It turns out they don't service anything without an engine because they can't move them around. Evidently they don't own a fork lift.

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

MrWizard
Sagus Diner, we were there once about 10 yrs ago with friends, on a week end RV trip
one of their favorite places
had not thought about it in years
thanks for the memory
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

dedmiston
tdst51 wrote:
kalynzoo wrote:
If you need body work, then for sure it is Final Touch Body in the industrial park off the 126. For general RV stuff I suggest Simi Valley RV on Los Angeles Street near First. I have my engine serviced at Always On Time Auto just across the tracks from the Saugus Dinner on Railroad. They told me they will also do all RV service, but I've never tested them.
Happy Trails.

Ahhhh- the Saugus diner- haven't been there in years, but sure miss it!

It really hasn't changed, except the road was widened and they lost the front parking lot. The city also keeps renaming the street so we just say "whatever we call San Fernando Road nowadays".

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

tdsxt51
Explorer
Explorer
kalynzoo wrote:
Happy Trails.

Ahhhh- the Saugus diner- haven't been there in years, but sure miss it!
2014 RAM 2500 CTD 6.7 CCLB Auto
2015 Forest River Rockwood Signature Series Ultra Lite 8289WS w/ Diamond Pkg.

FEDowner
Explorer
Explorer
Simi Rv wont work on anything unless you bought it from them.
'06 Damon Challenger, Nostalgia Dragster & 28ft trailer,
Calpurnia (born 12-20-06)daughter of Traiano & Jasmine,
At the Rainbow Bridge Sonia 8-30-06 our 1st Neopolitan Mastiff

dedmiston
kalynzoo wrote:
Happy Trails.

Thanks Kalynzoo. I've lived in SCV for 27 years and I've never heard of them. I'll check them out. Their location couldn't be more convenient.

http://aotauto.com/

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
We have been very satisfied with Neil's RV in North Hills.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
Happy Trails.