cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good Sams gas savings

Stylish_sunny
Explorer
Explorer
WOW, I follow this forum and as many have said this needs to be a sticky!! Love the information and use it frequently. I do have a question...DH went to camping world to find a portable poopy cart ๐Ÿ™‚ and of course they didn't carry it in the store BOOO, but she mentioned getting the Good Sams membership. My thought is the Diesel savings would be awesome even for our daily travels (we pass by two of them daily) BUT, is it for real?? why does this seem to good to be true?
19 REPLIES 19

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
There is no way I could save a dime with a Good Sams membership. My credit cards give me discounts or cash back, and I donโ€™t have to go to an overpriced truck stop.

Check online before buying any RV related goods to see where you can get the best price.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Shell's loyalty program isnt too bad either, 10 cents off a gallon, so far no terrible strings attached. They stipulate you need six fill-ups per 90 days to maintain the discount status. I fuel my daily driver Subaru weekly at shell, typically 8-10 gallons of high-test.

Best thing is it works with a phone number so there's no card to swipe or leave laying at home, or on the counter at the station.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
The best fuel savings are grocery store plans that give you 10 cents off for every $100 spent at the store.

The GoodSam RV Plus program through Pilot/Flying J is good IF the Pilot/ Flying J you use has competitive prices. Some do not. Also some stores are dealers/ franchises which do not offer the discounts.

Strongly recommend the GasBuddy app on your smart phone to find the cheapest fuel near you. Then calculate the possible final cost with discount.

Well over half our fuel purchases are with a discount/ loyalty program discount.

Also know your fuel mileage when traveling in the RV or towing the trailer. For me, going to a station an extra 4 miles from my route means the discount must be enough to pay for an extra gallon of fuel.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

swphotobug
Explorer
Explorer
Sams Club credit card gives 5% back at any gas/diesel pump(not the trucker ones). Many Sams have diesel. So you get a great price at Sams plus an additional 5% back.

We use GasBuddy to find good prices. Truck stops are generally quite a bit higher.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Dunno about Good Sam's, but I saved 35ยข/gal with my Sam's Club membership today.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed