cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Goodsam rallys

F450
Explorer
Explorer
I heard that Goodsam was not going to have any rallies this year. Is Goodsam enterprise in financial trouble?
10 REPLIES 10

MotorPro
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe if people weren't so busy making reality shows and saving other peoples businesses they would find the time to run theirs and put on the rallies that we were promised when we joined.

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
Kit Carson wrote:
I saw not long ago that a Good Sam Rally is scheduled in Shreveport, La. in April. Haven't seen or heard of cancellation.
OK, I stand corrected. The deal in Shreveport is not a rally just a Samboree. Sorry for any confusion caused.
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

lpierson
Explorer
Explorer
The Good Sam Club has seen tremendous growth in the past few years, expanding to nearly 1.5 million members. Attendance at our Camping World/Good Sam Rallies has soared as well, limiting the number of locations that can host such a large RV gathering. To evaluate our options and search for the right locations to meet the growing number of membersโ€™ needs, we have elected to defer our decision on the next location and timing. RVers can look forward to bigger and better things from the worldโ€™s greatest RV rally, so stay tuned.

For starters, weโ€™re ramping up our daily seminar lineup with a full range of presentations covering all aspects of the RV experience. Look for more on-site activities and off-site tours, along with the kid-friendly youth program and more and better dining choices. Of course, weโ€™ll also bring the best in big-name entertainment to the Rally stage each evening.

The Camping World/Good Sam Rally has been North Americaโ€™s largest RV event since 2000, attracting seasoned RVers and novices alike to immerse themselves in the RV lifestyleโ€”meeting fellow enthusiasts, listening to industry experts and shopping for great deals on RVs and RV accessories.

You wonโ€™t want to miss the next Camping World/Good Sam Rally. Keep checking the Rally website at www.TheRally.com for updates!

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
I saw not long ago that a Good Sam Rally is scheduled in Shreveport, La. in April. Haven't seen or heard of cancellation.
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
F450 wrote:
I heard that Goodsam was not going to have any rallies this year. Is Goodsam enterprise in financial trouble?
Why don't you post in the Dear Marcus forum and find out from Marcus himself?
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
hotbyte wrote:
dkreuzen wrote:
Go to http://therally.com/ and read why there are no rally's for 2014.

I didn't notice it saying no rally's for 2014...just no announced next scheduled timeframe. I guess it could be end of 2014 or not until 2018.

We've only done a day visit to the last one (Atlanta Motor Speedway) and it was very impressive!

Also did the Atlanta one last year. Not impressed. Maybe that was because 90% of what was on show was class As, Bs, & Cs. Very few 5ers.

Oh well. Met some nice people there.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

hotbyte
Explorer
Explorer
dkreuzen wrote:

I didn't notice it saying no rally's for 2014...just no announced next scheduled timeframe. I guess it could be end of 2014 or not until 2018.

We've only done a day visit to the last one (Atlanta Motor Speedway) and it was very impressive!
2018 Minnie Winnie 24M

dkreuzen
Explorer
Explorer
Dennis
2012 Monaco Knight 36PFT
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon on 2007 16' Car Trailer

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
The reason I heard was that they were taking this year to figure out how to continue Rallies because of how many people attend them and it makes it difficult to find venues to hold them at.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

Rollnhome
Explorer
Explorer
No I think they are budget aware.
2008 Discovery 40X towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee