cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

GRUMPY OR WHAT?

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
As foster parents we camp more than most. We love introduceing kids to camping, fishing, kayaking and the great outdoors. I understand people camp for different reasons with different perpectives. So often in the evenings we will sit at the table and play a board game or tell camp fire stories. Seems more this year we end up camping near someone who wants to play loud music or watch a movie outside with speakers super loud with no regard for others even way after quiet time. I aproach politely and does no good. Can't debate with drunks. This is super upsetting to kids who came out of drug and or alcohol abussive homes. It's just getting old. May put away the camper until after labor day. Any ideas on what can be done? Makes me sad more than grumpy
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)
58 REPLIES 58

hawkeye-08
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had campground neighbors last trip out that had a couple of yappers, no leases, no poop pickup, owners screamed at them if when they barked (often) and obnoxious language with their kids... I decided to ignore them. I also have to check my entertainment centers settings so my outside speakers are off..

lfcjasp
Explorer
Explorer
I have to second the post on Thousand Trails CGs. At least the ones near us. Very quiet...and the staff isn't joking on that either.

And I agree on the outside speakers. Totally unnecessary.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
TyroneandGladys wrote:
The loudest drunkest group we ever were camped next to was the annual gathering of local law enforcement officers. We lived with it

Somehow I can relate to that 100%.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
The loudest drunkest group we ever were camped next to was the annual gathering of local law enforcement officers. We lived with it
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
"Not sure what that has to do with the thread .... But ours is going on 5 years old and is as in great shape as it was when purchased."

Really nothing other than I sometimes look at what appears to be a nice unit on the outside that is really a landfill prospect between the inner and outter walls.

Back on thread..

People assume' that when they pay the campground fee for parking, they can do what they dang well please with total disregard for the other campers. It's the American way. Total disregard for the rights of others....

I have a KOA nearby than I drive by regularly. When I drive by on a weekend and look in. it always reminds me of a zoo with the animals replaced by humans.

Has a fence around it. They need to post signs 'don't feed the animals' on the fence....lol

I have a friend who sells 'firewood' to the KOA. He sells a lot to them. They jack the price up and sell it to the inhabitants. Mostly soft wood but then, most of the 'inhabitants' don't know the difference anyway. If it smokes and makes a flame, all is well. If it's hard to light, a little generator gasoline will get it going....

All good scouts there...lol
2015 Backpack SS1500

et2
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
et2 wrote:
ParkCountry wrote:
I absolutely HATE that RV manufacturers have taken to putting speakers on the Outside of their RVs. All this does is get on everyone else's nerves and ruins the peace and quiet of the campground. There's already enough noise with loud generators and barking dogs at times. Camping should be relaxing, and someone else's music blaring away is an intrusion on my personal space that I paid good money for.

I think it's great they've done that. It's no different than someone having a radio or boom box sitting out. It's the people that are the problem. We've one with a tv on our MH. You couldn't hear ours 8 feet away, as we keep it to where we can only hear it.

It's all about the people. Some care, some can care less. One way or another you'll know who the troubled ones are. We camp in private resort campgrounds ( higher priced). Very few kids and mostly respectable people, except for,the occasional dog issue once in a while.

When they start to leak and you get water intrusion behind your filon and it delaminates, you won't. The more cut out's in your siding, the better chance of water intrusion, but then, most intrusion leaks start on the roof because most RV'ers never check the seals and caulk, something that needs to be done at least every 90 days..... something that most owners are very ignorant about.

Not sure what that has to do with the thread .... But ours is going on 5 years old and is as in great shape as it was when purchased.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
et2 wrote:
ParkCountry wrote:
I absolutely HATE that RV manufacturers have taken to putting speakers on the Outside of their RVs. All this does is get on everyone else's nerves and ruins the peace and quiet of the campground. There's already enough noise with loud generators and barking dogs at times. Camping should be relaxing, and someone else's music blaring away is an intrusion on my personal space that I paid good money for.

I think it's great they've done that. It's no different than someone having a radio or boom box sitting out. It's the people that are the problem. We've one with a tv on our MH. You couldn't hear ours 8 feet away, as we keep it to where we can only hear it.

It's all about the people. Some care, some can care less. One way or another you'll know who the troubled ones are. We camp in private resort campgrounds ( higher priced). Very few kids and mostly respectable people, except for,the occasional dog issue once in a while.

When they start to leak and you get water intrusion behind your filon and it delaminates, you won't. The more cut out's in your siding, the better chance of water intrusion, but then, most intrusion leaks start on the roof because most RV'ers never check the seals and caulk, something that needs to be done at least every 90 days..... something that most owners are very ignorant about.
2015 Backpack SS1500

et2
Explorer
Explorer
ParkCountry wrote:

We drove through a nearby state park yesterday just for fun ( haven't been to one in years). It was packed to the gills and like a zoo. Young adults walking down the road in groups drinking beer, wouldn't move over to let you by, kids riding bikes crossing just feet in front of you as you drove by, screaming, shouting, parents running around looking for there kids.

Being selective where one camps if you wish more relaxing time is the key.

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
SidecarFlip wrote:
Ralph Cramden wrote:
Let's B&M about lights. I have the largest Airstream made across the road in a pull in site. The guy has to have his 6" diameter cool white LED porch light on dusk to dawn. It's about as bright as a locomotives headlight. I have not seen him nor his wife leave the trailer after 7 PM. My site is lit up brighter than a Walmart parking lot. Oh the humanity.

I think I'd walk over during the day and ask him if he's afraid of the Boogeyman....

If that didn't work, I always have 'Plan B'.....:D

You know me well enough to know what 'Plan B' is....

Got it........I have a few cans of sardines in the trailer. A strategically placed open can of those around 3AM can cause quite a ruckus when the coons fight over them lol.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:
Let's B&M about lights. I have the largest Airstream made across the road in a pull in site. The guy has to have his 6" diameter cool white LED porch light on dusk to dawn. It's about as bright as a locomotives headlight. I have not seen him nor his wife leave the trailer after 7 PM. My site is lit up brighter than a Walmart parking lot. Oh the humanity.

I think I'd walk over during the day and ask him if he's afraid of the Boogeyman....

If that didn't work, I always have 'Plan B'.....:D

You know me well enough to know what 'Plan B' is....
2015 Backpack SS1500

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
As a camp host at a very popular NFS campground within 50 miles of four small cities, I've had to shush campers a few times. I usually wait until 15-30 minutes after quiet hours start on the theory that 10 pm is a wee bit early and most folks quiet down on their own fairly soon anyway. But that isn't always so. If they don't shush I have only one recourse: call the law. If I do that, somebody's going to jail, and after I explain that to the offender, they've always gotten quiet for me (knock on wood). I do recognize that as camp host, I have a bit more authority than the average camper. We do attract a few party animals from time to time, but perhaps because our sites lack hookups and even electricity, we seem to get fewer of them than campgrounds with all the amenities.

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Funny how these manufacturers wont delete anything even if you dont want money for it.
I would have liked to delete the outside speakers and that stupid "rack" on the roof.

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Find a good Boondock site and arrive early.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
We've stayed in 20+ parks so far this year, and I can truthfully say we haven't had a single bad experience so far. The last state park we stayed at over the 4th of July holiday, the site on one side had two grandparents with 5 grandchildren ranging from about 4 up to a teenager. All in all they were pretty quiet, even in the evening sitting around the campfire making s'mores. I did have to chuckle one time though, when the youngest let out a scream at one of the others over a toy, and I heard grandma shush him, telling him to "use your indoor scream". ๐Ÿ™‚
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate