cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Has anyone ever had this problem.....

bobsue2
Explorer
Explorer
BIL bought new TT few months ago...went camping at a state park..everything worked fine other than the tanks filled up quite fast...this past weekend we're camping with them at full hook up sites...he drains his tanks completely then fills them back up using a 2 gal bucket...tanks are supposed to hold 42 gal ea...he could only get 26 gal ea....?????
2013 Key Largo
12 MegaCab 3500 DRW 4x4 18k Superslide 19.5 Michelin LDX-2
21 REPLIES 21

hershey
Explorer
Explorer
Since both tanks held the same amount of liquid, I'd say that you have actually found the actual volume of the tanks.
Since the TT is new, there shouldn't be any solids built up in the black tank. Gray? Seriously doubt any build up there either.
Perhaps the TT has an optional waste tank option? The 40 gallons might be the options tank and you have the standard???? Just pecking at options here.
I would ask the dealer why your actual measurement differs by so much from the advertised capacities.
hershey - albuquerque, nm
Someday Finally Got Here
My wife does all the driving - I just get to hold the steering wheel.
Face Book Group: All About RVing and We Fly RC's
Expedition - Chevy Equinox

h2guy
Explorer
Explorer
deleted
Rick & Carolyn
01 Ford SC 4x4 DRW
01 CarriLite 5ver

bobsue2
Explorer
Explorer
The trailer was level without a doubt........
2013 Key Largo
12 MegaCab 3500 DRW 4x4 18k Superslide 19.5 Michelin LDX-2

BluegrassBill
Explorer
Explorer
In 1983 I purchased a brand new 1984 Komfort TT that was to have 2 40gal tanks. They filled up too fast. I measured and the tanks were only 20gal ea. The dealer replaced with proper 40gal tanks. Factory's do make mistakes.
Bill & Kathy Francis
95 Itasca Sunrise 29RQ,P32 454 Chevy, Banks,ECM chip.Safe-T-Plus, Bilsteins, Super Steer Bell Crank, Stewart Stage 1 Waterpump, Severe Duty Fan Clutch, OilGuard Bypass Filter, Coolant Filter. Rear Tracbar. 1-5/8" Front Swaybar.

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
Can you measure the dimensions of the tanks?
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
Since it is bought NEW, I would take it back to the dealer and ASK them to check the tanks and get a true size on them. hey, ya never know ๐Ÿ™‚

strange the tanks are supposed to be one size and he can only get 26 gals. into the black tank.

either unlevel??? when checking or someone screwed up on those tanks while installing.

Since new, ALL of this can be checked with the dealer. He is best to go there and get a real answer as to why. hmm

bradnailer
Explorer
Explorer
Only thing I can figure is that the trailer wasn't level so the tanks would not full completely. Other than that, I got nuttin'.
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 233RBS
Prior: Jayco Pop Up, Shasta Bunkhouse, Rockwood Pop Up

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
Many people new to RVing, try to use water, showers, etc. pretty much like at home and the tanks will fill quickly. We take short showers, dump lots of the grey water down the stool or even carry it to the campground bathroom. We even shorten up toothbrushing. We can then go a week if necessary even with smaller tanks than you have.
Jayco-noslide

paulm999
Explorer
Explorer
Tank is mounted wrong-at an angle that 15 gallons will not drain, or if TT was parked at such an angle that 15 gallons did not drain.

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
So what kind of RV is it?
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Folks, this ain't go nothing to do with the guages.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
99% of the gauges are wrong,

X2X2, my guages did not read accurately from the day I picked up my new trailer:):)

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
deleted
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
He was measuring to see how much water the tank held.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler