cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Have you ever, or would you ever ....

NekkidFish
Explorer
Explorer
Have you or would you ever ... loan your TT/MH to a relative or a friend?

Jules
2014 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS
Let the adventures begin!
80 REPLIES 80

tpi
Explorer
Explorer
In general no. I live near a public campground. I possibly could make exception for several very responsible people if I were to drive it there and set it up for them for a night-and leave them to stay in it. More or less their hotel when visiting.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
NekkidFish wrote:
Have you or would you ever ... loan your TT/MH to a relative or a friend?

Jules

never, not even to my closest friend.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
I never loan my RV to anyone to whom I wouldn't loan my wife.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

michigansandzil
Explorer
Explorer
Depends

2 friends, yes. Whenever they want it.

A select few very close family members, yes. But, I would drive it, set it up, and bring it home. They could stay in it.

Everyone else, no.
2017 Coachmen Catalina 323 BHDSCK
2018 Ford F150 FX4
3 growing kids and 1 big dog

winnietrey
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, depends on who it is of course. But end of the day it is just a MH, not the crown jewels of England.

Kids have borrowed it a few times.

Few years back, we drove it to Alaska and flew home, SIL and husband flew to Alaska and drove it home. Worked out great for both parties

On the flip side, I would not lend my brother a 2 dollar hammer, as he has no respect for anyone else's property and would surely find a way to break it, or lose it

peaches_cream
Explorer
Explorer

Maybe I am selfish, and don't share well?

You are not the only one. :S

NekkidFish
Explorer
Explorer
For conversation purpose, and not as an argument ... I wonder if how one feels about loaning their stuff is maybe, possibly a mix of how they were raised, and their income?

I was not raised with much. We were probably on the edge of lower middle class. I take care of things as if they might never be able to be replaced, or so I can resell at some point, and get the most money I can for the item.

My SS called last night and asked if they could borrow my car this weekend to go out of state. Although it bugs me a pinch, it's smarter for him to drive my car since he drives a big, gas guzzling truck, and my car gets better gas mileage and is ten years old and not as pristine as she used to be.

While hubby and I are probably considered upper middle class to some, and on paper ... we do not have a stash of cash in the bank. If someone were ever to borrow or RV and it came back with even a scratch, I know I would go ballistic! Accidents happen. I know that. But if accidents are going to happen to our RV, let it be hubby or I that make them and then it is our fault.

Maybe I am selfish, and don't share well?
2014 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS
Let the adventures begin!

peaches_cream
Explorer
Explorer
PA12DRVR wrote:
peaches&cream wrote:
I have friends that think nothing of loaning me their airplane so they are more than welcome to any MH I may have.

I'm on the flip side of that: I loaned my BIL the signature airplane for an entire summer whilst his was being rebuilt. Since the airplane's worth more than 2x my most expensive RV to date, I'd probably be willing to loan any RV to that BIL or to a couple other in-laws.

Having grown up with my family and only, according to DW, having been housebroken after much effort, I wouldn't loan an RV or the airplane to my siblings.

I have access to no less than 10 airplanes ranging in value from $25,000 to $500,000. I would look funny refusing to loan a $100,000 RV to these friends.

PA12DRVR
Explorer
Explorer
peaches&cream wrote:
I have friends that think nothing of loaning me their airplane so they are more than welcome to any MH I may have.

I'm on the flip side of that: I loaned my BIL the signature airplane for an entire summer whilst his was being rebuilt. Since the airplane's worth more than 2x my most expensive RV to date, I'd probably be willing to loan any RV to that BIL or to a couple other in-laws.

Having grown up with my family and only, according to DW, having been housebroken after much effort, I wouldn't loan an RV or the airplane to my siblings.
CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

Campinghoss
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nope and Nope.
Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
MorRyde IS with disc brakes
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucie our fur baby
Lucky 9/15/2007 - 1/30/2023

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
almost 100% no!

but if a circumstance came up we would have to evaluate the situation and persons involved in a request to loan.

but I don't ever forsee anyone asking thank goodness ๐Ÿ™‚

peaches_cream
Explorer
Explorer
smkettner wrote:
peaches&cream wrote:
akrv wrote:
No if they need one want to use one they can rent it.

So you would rent it to them but not loan it. I guess you are all about money. :@
Not rent it from us.... they can go rent their own.

No and no to loaning it out. If they want mine specifically they can buy it.

We know what the most important thing is in most poster's lives. :h

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
No and one of the main reasons I have a Truck Camper with a manual tranny. No one in my family knows how to drive a stick. So no problem.

If someone did ask to borrow it, and knew how to drive a stick, I'd explain my insurance doesn't cover anyone else driving my rig. I have no idea if my insurance covers another or not, but I have no reason to check either.

MTPockets1
Explorer
Explorer
No one no how no way.
2012 3055RL Big Horn - Dexter upgraded axles - G rated LT Tires
MorRyde, Genset, Dual Panes, 2 A/C, Yeti Package
2013 F350 DRW 4x4 Crew King Ranch

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS :E