cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hells Angels Rally in Cody, WY while we're Hosting nearby

MTPockets1
Explorer
Explorer
The Hells Angels National Rally is in Cody, WY July 29 - Aug 2 while we're Camp Hosting at Buffalo Bill State Park just a few miles down the road. Park Police working extra hours and Cody has extra LEO just in case. We're hoping they stay in town and don't use campground.
2012 3055RL Big Horn - Dexter upgraded axles - G rated LT Tires
MorRyde, Genset, Dual Panes, 2 A/C, Yeti Package
2013 F350 DRW 4x4 Crew King Ranch
33 REPLIES 33

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Texan wrote:
The folklore Hells angels of yesteryear and the Hells Angles of today are 2 very different breed of bikers and people. I did undercover work with bikers 35 years ago and then last year I had a chance to meet and get to know the Hells Angels who are in Sturgis every year. Many of them today are true professional people who quit the rat race and are enjoying a free life. They are NO longer the 1% group that they were 30-40 years ago. I would gladly break bread with them at "my" table or theirs....

Snake oil!! Ask any Blue Knight if they agree with you and you'll get the same response. This is not the GANG I would ever want to break bread with. If what you say about professionals and all that is true, there are to many other clubs to ride with as I have been a member of many bike clubs, including the Blue Knights Chapter X. Hells Angels, I don't think so. The camp host has a legitimate concern for his guest.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

just_dave1
Explorer
Explorer
And there is no such thing as an ex Hell's Angel....

2001 2500HD 6.0L 4.10 4x4 ๐Ÿ™‚

1999 Jayco Eagle 285BHS 5er :B

Thank you Lord!
Draw-Tite 16K with Kwik-Slide
Prodigy
Bilsteins (on the truck)
Monroes (on the 5er)
Perception Swifty 9.5 Kayaks
Pelican Break Kayak
Swagman XTC-4 Bike Carrier

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
jfkmk wrote:
The Texan wrote:
The folklore Hells angels of yesteryear and the Hells Angles of today are 2 very different breed of bikers and people. I did undercover work with bikers 35 years ago and then last year I had a chance to meet and get to know the Hells Angels who are in Sturgis every year. Many of them today are true professional people who quit the rat race and are enjoying a free life. They are NO longer the 1% group that they were 30-40 years ago. I would gladly break bread with them at "my" table or theirs....

Simply not true. Do a quick search on hells angels recent activity and you will get hits involving violence, drugs, prostitution, murder, etc. for very recent years. Not sure who you prefer to dine with but the hells angels would be far from my first choice.
You can believe the internet and all its fallacies or you can go meet the people and make your own decision. Personally I prefer to think for myself. Like I said, I have been around them since back in the early 80's and know what they are today. There are many clubs that try to mimic what the HA were in their heyday, but the true HA are NOT the club of old.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
The Texan wrote:

Simply not true. Do a quick search on hells angels recent activity and you will get hits involving violence, drugs, prostitution, murder, etc. for very recent years. Not sure who you prefer to dine with but the hells angels would be far from my first choice.

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
Wonder if the CG's excessive noise policy will be aggressively applied?

No problem with bikers, but a group bent on lawlessness and intimidation is not one I would choose to have my family camp near.

Good luck, and make the call at the very first sign of trouble. Don't give it time to escalate or degrade into mob mentality.

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
nycsteve wrote:
4aSong wrote:
WHY ?

Hells Angels are not a typical motorcycle club. They are an organized crime outfit involved in drug distribution and extortion. Do some research, they have not been subtle over the years.

Exactly! Your right on the mark.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

MTPockets1
Explorer
Explorer
loulou57 wrote:
We are not and have never been bikers. We do know of a couple of bikers who are ex members. I don't know very much about the involvements of these bad bikers.

wonder if we judge these people to quickly. We hear of a few bad situations and then assume all are bad. There are a lot of so called bad bikers that do a large amount of work for various charities.
If bikers arrived at the campground we were staying at, came in quietly at a reasonable hour and did not disturb anyone, then I would think they have every right to be there..
I agree regarding "Bikers"... But we're talking about Hells Angels.. Not so good a reputation. They've already been judged and found guilty.

Jack_Diane_Free
Explorer
Explorer
Just check out the initiation requirements for Hell's Angels and then tell me they are ok. You have to be a pretty nasty dude to be a full patch HA.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
These guys aren't Boy Scouts. Would you want your daughter to date a Hells Angle?

nycsteve
Explorer
Explorer
4aSong wrote:
WHY ?

Hells Angels are not a typical motorcycle club. They are an organized crime outfit involved in drug distribution and extortion. Do some research, they have not been subtle over the years.

Medico
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have read of many Hells Angels that are involved in all sorts of illegal activities over the years. It seems many people that join this group do so for the notoriety of doing so. I'm in the group that would not wish to have a large group of them close by.

Motorcyclists in generally are very nice people, but this "club" seems to attract the less desirable members of this group of people.
GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655, FMCA #F431170

2006 Country Coach Magna, 2012 Jeep Liberty

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
We are not and have never been bikers. We do know of a couple of bikers who are ex members. I don't know very much about the involvements of these bad bikers.

wonder if we judge these people to quickly. We hear of a few bad situations and then assume all are bad. There are a lot of so called bad bikers that do a large amount of work for various charities.
If bikers arrived at the campground we were staying at, came in quietly at a reasonable hour and did not disturb anyone, then I would think they have every right to be there..

MTPockets1
Explorer
Explorer
harold1946 wrote:
taddyport wrote:
4aSong wrote:
WHY ?

that would be my question too. I used to be part owner of a bar and grill and we had hundreds of bikers during the summer, they were some of the nicest people that came in.

You can't judge a book by it's cover

You can when it is the hells angels. There are thousands of decent, law abiding bikers and motorcycle clubs. The hells angels do not fit in either catagory. :S
. We get a lot of motorcycles here and all are really nice folks. Hells Angels history and reputation gives reason to be wary.

harold1946
Explorer
Explorer
taddyport wrote:
4aSong wrote:
WHY ?

that would be my question too. I used to be part owner of a bar and grill and we had hundreds of bikers during the summer, they were some of the nicest people that came in.

You can't judge a book by it's cover

You can when it is the hells angels. There are thousands of decent, law abiding bikers and motorcycle clubs. The hells angels do not fit in either catagory. :S
Harold and Linda
2009 CT Coachworks siena 35V
W-22 Workhorse 8.1L
Explorer Sport toad