cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hot water pressure ZERO cold fine

Rwethereyet_
Explorer
Explorer
We went out over the past week and all was fine and along about Sunday night the hot water would not flow just trickle, the cold is fine. The tank is full and hot so all of that is working fine. There is no filter on the system that I am aware of. This unit is 10 years old and we bought it new and never have had an issue with this before. Lot of other stuff though!!! Not sure where to begin looking but thinking maybe a bad check valve?? This is happening on both the city and tank water. Anyone one else experienced this or have a though?
2005 Cross Country SE 372DS 2005 Honda Crv toad Blue Ox bar
7 REPLIES 7

Rwethereyet_
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the input makes sense. I'll replace that and update.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
You stated "tank is full......"

So the inlet valve is allowing water IN

Hot water is not coming OUT

Check valve in hot outlet nipple has failed.

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

MrVan
Explorer
Explorer
Rwethereyet? wrote:
OK, Thanks for the input. I did some web research and it said replace the incoming valve as the pressure spring gets stuck, so sounds like maybe both need to be done.

Replace the outlet one way valve first.

Rwethereyet_
Explorer
Explorer
OK, Thanks for the input. I did some web research and it said replace the incoming valve as the pressure spring gets stuck, so sounds like maybe both need to be done.

gafidler
Explorer
Explorer
probably check value at the water heater out flow... That is what happened to me

MrVan
Explorer
Explorer
The one way valve on the outlet of the water heater is either plugged or broken like ours was. It had come apart! We had exactly the same symptoms.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
the oneway valve coming out the hotwater heater is plugged you need to replace it