cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How common are fold-up vs "standard" sinks in wet baths?

coolusername
Explorer II
Explorer II
Exactly what the title asks: in RVs, what type of sink is more typical or common, or which would I be more likely to find: fold-up sinks, or "standard" sinks with the basin fully built into/attached to the wall or some other surface? I'm particularly thinking of wet baths here, especially since I assume those are probably more variable in sink styles and amenities compared to the "normal" setup in dry baths. (As for RV size/type, if that's an important factor in answering, probably consider a Class C on the larger side.)

And even just in general, how common actually ARE fold-up sinks (I feel like, relatively speaking, I don't really see or hear about them all that much, even in wet baths)? Are they considered particularly typical for RVs/wet baths at all or are they more of a "special case" sort of feature?
6 REPLIES 6

coolusername
Explorer II
Explorer II
austinjenna wrote:
From my experience the fold up sink is typically in a class B or truck camper because the majority of those rv's have wet baths, Generally a class C as you mentioned has a dry bath and would have a fixed sink.

That’s true, I have noticed most Class Cs tend to have a dry bath, although there are some that still have wet baths right? I know I’ve seen a few. In an RV with the general size/style of a Class C—for those that do have a wet bath—would they still be more likely to usually have a sink fixed to the wall or other surface even if it’s in a wet bath?

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I honestly can't say that I've ever seen one in a modern motorhome. Maybe in the little ones, with fewer frills, but IMO they send the "cheap" message.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

coolusername
Explorer II
Explorer II
fj12ryder wrote:
I think a foldup sink would be most common in the low-wall popup campers. TBH I've not seen one in years.

I’m not super versed in the common differences between them, but what about motorhomes rather than towed campers? Do the self-propelled “vehicle” RVs (motorhomes and the like, not sure if there’s other terms for them) not usually have fold-ups for bathroom sinks compared to smaller, towed camper spaces?

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
We have one in our T@B400. Works well.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think a foldup sink would be most common in the low-wall popup campers. TBH I've not seen one in years.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
From my experience the fold up sink is typically in a class B or truck camper because the majority of those rv's have wet baths, Generally a class C as you mentioned has a dry bath and would have a fixed sink.

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K