cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How do you secure your gps?

Disneyfix
Explorer
Explorer
We bought the Garmin 760rv...how do you secure you gps unit. Worth buying friction mount? I don't think the suction cup it came with will do the trick.
Thanks.
23 REPLIES 23

Shearwater
Explorer
Explorer
Suction cups, particularly those attached to windshields, do not age well. The rubber gets stiff and will fail to hold after a few years. They are OK if you can buy replacement cups and put in a new one every few years. For us, the Garmin beanbag works well.
Advanced RV Sprinter

Pops
Explorer
Explorer
I use a sock full of dimes & pennies.
2012 Itasca Cambria 28T

alfresco
Explorer
Explorer
I use the Garmin Friction Mount. I doesn't move, easy to remove, and has the speaker in it. (I have a Garmin Montana 600) It works great.
Patti & Ron
07 2500HD 4x4 Silverado
23' Hornet 5er

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
If the glass and the suction cup are clean they work perfectly. I use that 100% of the time.
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

mabel
Explorer
Explorer
I also use a disc mounted to the dash and the suction cup.
I have found the trick with the suction cups is to apply a little hand cleaner to form a better seal. It has never come lose and comes off clean and easy when I want to remove it.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
djgarcia wrote:
Disneyfix wrote:
We bought the Garmin 760rv...how do you secure you gps unit. Worth buying friction mount? I don't think the suction cup it came with will do the trick.
Thanks.

I use the "bean bag" and set it rigt on the dash board. I think Garmin sells them. Never had one slip loose or off yet:)

x3
bumpy

the_vfox
Explorer
Explorer
Mine has the disk secured to the dash. Hasn't moved yet. I use to use the beanbag, but some of the real rough roads made it travel.
Fox and Angel, fuzz ball cat and crazy Yorkie :S
Don't call me on the weekend, Im out camping.:C
2001 Itasca Horizon DP 36LD 330 Cat and all the bells and whistles
Go Blue, US Air Force(retired)25 years ๐Ÿ™‚

meganjoe
Explorer
Explorer
djgarcia wrote:
Disneyfix wrote:
Thanks.

I use the "bean bag" and set it rigt on the dash board. I think Garmin sells them. Never had one slip loose or off yet:)

I also use the bean bag.. That way my co-pilot can pick it up and fiddle with it if necessary...

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Disneyfix wrote:
Thanks.