Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to camp with electric only

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
Newbie question here.

I have a reservation at a campground with electric hookup only and no water hookup. It was the best I could do over the Memorial Day weekend. At least it's cheap. How do you normally stretch your water in that situation? Can I drive to some station in the park (it's a government park) and fill my fresh water tank? Maybe at the dump station? I know you're not supposed to use the typical water at a dump station, but maybe at these semi-rustic campgrounds they also provide potable water?
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV
48 REPLIES 48

LibertyMan
Explorer
Explorer
Usually there are spigots placed throughout the campground or one near the entrance. You will have to look online to see if the campground your going to has them or not. Or give them a call to find out. If they are spaced throughout or have a potable spigot near the entrance, I carry four, five gallon fresh water jugs with spouts with me and fill the camper using that method. Of course I use the blue tote to empty gray water once the camper gets full. If there is no potable water on site, fill the camper before you leave. Depending on length of stay and number of people in the camper will decide how much extra water to bring along with you.
2019 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite
2016 Ram CCSB 2500 CTD
GenY Weight Distribution Hitch

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
Call the park. We've never seen a dump station that didn't also have a potable water faucet separately.

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Electric only site........
Fill your Fresh water tank before heading out to that park (we travel with FULL Tank all the time)

How much capacity do you have...???
Fresh water tank
Black Tank
Grey Tank

We can usually go 5-7 days w/o needed to refill or dump

Usually parks with electric only will have a 'common' hose bibb campers can use.
But best to show up with a FULL tank to begin with

I definitely plan to arrive with a full tank. Lately we blast through our capacity (black and gray) in one day. I think if we tried we could go 2 or 3 days, but I have a 7-day reservation. Winnebago says my model has 36/42/51 (black, gray, fresh) with 6 for the water heater. Does that mean I have 51+6 in total fresh water? Hopefully, this park has a common water fill. I tried to call this morning, but they didn't answer so I sent them an email.
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Electric only site........
Fill your Fresh water tank before heading out to that park (we travel with FULL Tank all the time)

How much capacity do you have...???
Fresh water tank
Black Tank
Grey Tank

We can usually go 5-7 days w/o needed to refill or dump

Usually parks with electric only will have a 'common' hose bibb campers can use.
But best to show up with a FULL tank to begin with
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31