cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hydroplane races in Kennewick, WA next year.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
We're looking at attending the hydroplane races in Kennewick, WA next year. We think we'll buy a reservation package for Friday, Saturday and Sunday night with 4 event / pit passes and one toad pass for $350. This is supposed to be right next to the river on the south side, but the MH will not be parked on the river - those are $750....

RV Ticket Package.

Has anyone one been to the races and maybe even used this package? Any other helpful information to maybe include a good restaurant if we want to escape the crowds for a while?

Thanks for the help,

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.
3 REPLIES 3

DarthMuffin
Explorer
Explorer
It's hard to tell from the picture where that RV parking is, but anywhere down there in Columbia Park can't be more than 100 yards from the river. Hope you have a generator for the A/C, it's frequently triple digits here that week.

We generally skip town that weekend and go camping, too many people for me. Although they are getting better at taming the crazy drunks and toning down the "spring break" atmosphere in recent years.

Y-Guy
Bill I live in the Tri-Cities. You'll have a blast. I work down the street from where the races are at. Crowds are everywhere in that area, we avoid going out to eat during the races. On Columbia Park Trail you have McDougals which is a sort of Irish Pub overlooking the Columbia and Kimo's Sports bar is next door. Up Columbia Center Mall Drive you have Red Robin, Fire (pizza/subs), Outback, Dead Lobster, Texas Roadhouse, Olive Garden, Famous Daves, PF Changs, etc. Buffalo Wild Wings just opened. As it gets closer remind me and I can continue a list, but in the next year never sure what may open or close. We have some good small local places and some bad ones. Sadly we have far to many chains IMHO.

Where are you staying? Columbia Sun RV Resort is new, nice and fairly close. The ones closer are sort of slummy.

It can get very hot in the Tri-Cities, lots and lots of water.

Drop me a PM if I can help you at all, I'll try to check back here as well.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Went to the Seattle Seafair one year during the transition from piston powered to turbine powered. I sure miss the roar of the old Piston powered boats.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"