cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I got lied to...

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
My aftermarket NWAN rv warranty expires this April. I purchased the warranty when I bought the rv in 2015. The rv is a 2006 class c.
NOW... I called the warranty company 2 times and spoke to 2 different reps once in 2016, and again in 2018 about getting another warranty when this warranty expired. I was told both times that because I already had a policy, that I could purchase another warranty even though my rv was over 10 years old... (grandfathered in) So today I called only to be told that I could not get a new policy and that there was no way anyone from that company would have told me that I could get another policy....
Now before anyone here says "see.. Aftermarket warrantys are junk... Etc... " I was extremely happy with the warranty, and never had a problem with any covered repairs. But I hate being lied to
Proud father of a US Marine
29 REPLIES 29

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
Good Sam's will write a policy on a 10+ year old RV but....... Read their reviews.. The one I got was 1000 deductible and a bit pricy. I had it for one year due to an issue.. Never used it. But till i was SURE The replacement engine was going to hold......

I got quoted 600 a year with a 500 ded

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Good Sam's will write a policy on a 10+ year old RV but....... Read their reviews.. The one I got was 1000 deductible and a bit pricy. I had it for one year due to an issue.. Never used it. But till i was SURE The replacement engine was going to hold......
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
โ€œI specifically told each rep...โ€

Thatโ€™s exactly the point. Insurance isnโ€™t done ORALLY. Never has been. Why didnโ€™t you email your request? He said, she said.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Has your unit required service under the contract?
If yes, they may now consider you to be a risk, that they dont want to continue.
If no, then you may want to consider whether or not they are a risk you wish to continue subsidizing.

It does work both ways.

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Im guessing in 2016, and 2018, that may very well have been the policy.

In 2019, may no longer be the policy.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
I specifically told each rep the age of my coach and the reason for the call and inquiry was to make sure I could continue coverage with a new warranty thru them when the original policy was about to expire. I don't know how much more explicit I could have made the question and inquiry

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
Campfire Time wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
It may not have been lies when you called. It's very possible the terms have changed. And, depending on who you spoke to, they may have told you the truth as they knew it, IOW they were lied to.

This is the most likely scenario. There is always small print somewhere that states "terms subject to change". So it may be that you were not lied to at the time.

I would agree. More a misunderstanding or confusion on the scenario. I cannot see any reason for the company to intentionally lie about getting new business to a customer in good standing. Lie seems like an aggressive interpretation of the situation.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
The reps just might have been wrong. The company might have changed its policies. Thatโ€™s not lying. And they didnโ€™t guarantee renewal when you bought the original policy. As said above, insurance is in writing or you are not insured...or guaranteed a renewal.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
It may not have been lies when you called. It's very possible the terms have changed. And, depending on who you spoke to, they may have told you the truth as they knew it, IOW they were lied to.

This is the most likely scenario. There is always small print somewhere that states "terms subject to change". So it may be that you were not lied to at the time.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
"I was extremely happy with the warranty, and never had a problem with any covered repairs. But I hate being lied to."

There are at least two sides to every business deal. Since you were happy, (your words) I'm assuming the warranty was of value to you. Now, what about the warranty company? How do you think THEY felt about your value to them? If they broke even, or, lost money on the deal, that might have something to do with how you are being treated now. Just a thought.

Chum lee

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
RAS43 wrote:
This may be apples to oranges but last year when the aftermarket service contract plan on my truck was about to expire I called the company and was told that they do not sell the plans but only administer them. I needed to contact my dealer. I decided not to pursue it. So OP, maybe call the dealer you bought the RV from and talk to them.

I did call the dealer and their rep told them the same thing. No warranty for me. They said to try good Sam....

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
This may be apples to oranges but last year when the aftermarket service contract plan on my truck was about to expire I called the company and was told that they do not sell the plans but only administer them. I needed to contact my dealer. I decided not to pursue it. So OP, maybe call the dealer you bought the RV from and talk to them.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Whoops.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

maddog348
Explorer
Explorer
That is why I do all my 'important' stuff in writing.