Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I'm rich!!

pkunk
Explorer
Explorer
I don't usually get these so I had a good chuckle. ๐Ÿ™‚

Subject: Attention: Private and Confidential (A Must Read)
Date: November 11, 2013 12:59:37 PM MST
Reply-To: mr.oliver3@aol.com

Anti-Terrorist and International Fraud Division.
Federal Bureau Of Investigation.
935 Pennsylvania Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20535.

ATTN: BENEFICIARY

This is to Officially inform you that it has come to our notice and we have thoroughly completed an Investigation with the help of our Intelligence Monitoring Network System that you legally won the sum of $800,000.00 USD. from a Lottery Company outside the United States of America. During our investigation we discovered that your e-mail won the money from an Online Balloting System and we have authorized this winning to be paid to you via a Certified Cashier's Check.

Normally, it will take up to 10 business days for an International Check to be cashed by your local banks. We have successfully notified this company on your behalf that funds are to be drawn from a registered bank within the United States Of America so as to enable you cash the check instantly without any delay, henceforth the stated amount of $800,000.00 USD. has been deposited with Bank Of America.

We have completed this investigation and you are hereby approved to receive the winning prize as we have verified the entire transaction to be Safe and 100% risk free, due to the fact that the funds have been deposited at Bank Of America you will be required to settle the following bills directly to the Lottery Agent in-charge of this transaction whom is located in Lagos, Nigeria. According to our discoveries, you were required to pay for the following -

(1) Deposit Fee's ( Fee's paid by the company for the deposit into an American Bank which is - Bank Of America )
(2) Cashier's Check Conversion Fee ( Fee for converting the Wire Transfer payment into a Certified Cashier's Check )

The total amount for everything is $580.00 (Five Hundred and Eighty-US Dollars). We have tried our possible best to indicate that this $580.00 should be deducted from your winning prize but we found out that the funds have already been deposited at Bank Of America and cannot be accessed by anyone apart from you, the winner; therefore you will be required to pay the required fee's to the Agent in-charge of this transaction via Western Union Money Transfer Or Money Gram.

In order to proceed with this transaction, you will be required to contact the agent in-charge ( SAMUEL OLIVER ) via e-mail. Kindly look below to find appropriate contact information:

CONTACT AGENT NAME: SAMUEL OLIVER

E-MAIL ADDRESS: agentsamuel1@aol.com

You will be required to e-mail him with the following information:

FULL NAME:
ADDRESS:
CITY:
STATE:
ZIP CODE:
DIRECT CONTACT NUMBER:

You will also be required to request Western Union details on how to send the required $580.00 in order to immediately ship your prize of $800,000.00 USD via Certified Cashier's Check drawn from Bank Of America, also include the following transaction code in order for him to immediately identify this transaction : EA2948-910.

This letter will serve as proof that the Federal Bureau Of Investigation is authorizing you to pay the required $580.00 ONLY to Mr. Samuel Oliver via information in which he shall send to you, if you do not receive your winning prize of $800,000.00 we shall be held responsible for the loss and this shall invite a penalty of $3,000 which will be made PAYABLE ONLY to you (The Winner).

FBI Director
Robert Mueller.
NSB Seal

NOTE: In order to ensure your check gets delivered to you ASAP, you are advised to immediately contact Mr. Samuel Oliver via contact information provided above and make the required payment of $580.00 to information in which he shall provide to you.
1999 Coachman Mirada 34 ft.V10-F53 chassis
12ft.LR slide-2 gp31 AGM 12V @220AH
31 REPLIES 31

paddywanpeep
Explorer
Explorer
This subject has been part of a project I have been involved in since the early 1990s.

Some friends of mine fell for one of the Nigerian scams in 1991 and lost everything they had.

Here is how they got scammed:
My friends received a letter in the mail from an "attorney" in Nigeria saying he needed to move $2,500,000 out of the country before the corrupt government took it away from him. They were promised a $500,000 commission for their services.

They opened a special bank account and gave all of the account information to the scammer.

They then received five "cashier's checks" ($500,000 each), which they deposited in that account.

The scammer then waited about a week and started making withdrawals from the account until just over a million dollars had been withdrawn.

It took about two months before the bank found out the "Nigerian bank" on which those cashier's checks were drawn didn't exist; my friends were "on the hook" for approximately $1,200,000. Needless to say, my friends lost everything they had.

Sorry to say, but if this really happened then your friends are truly idiots. There are so many red flags I don't know where to start.

JAXFL
Explorer
Explorer
About 4 months ago the DW was in the bank and over heard a conversation that went something like... Teller so going to buy something really nice with all that money?...customer; No I am sending it to England a friend was mugged there with his wife and kids and needs funds to get back home...teller; really? Manager; Come into my office we need to talk. That was based off a scam that I got back then...the problem with it was that "MY FRIEND" that was mugged in England with is wife and kids is SINGLE and has NO kids and was seated next to me at work...! Some of this actually work on the senior generation.
Happy Trails
JAXFL
2008 3100LTD Sun Seeker
2008 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4 Auto Toad

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Opie431 wrote:
Someone just told my husband that they had lost $7,000 in one of those scams. I did not think anyone would fall for those. It sounds like that was all of their savings.
And my husband did not say "Here is some money to help you out of the mess you are in." altho he felt bad for them.
If they were that dumb..too bad. I hate to see it happen but it doesn't take any brains to see it's a scam. Somebody would have gotten their money one way or another..

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

WeBeFulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
I NEVER open emails unless I recognize the sender!
2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW ** CURT Q24 ** 2018.5 MONTANA 3791RD

Opie431
Explorer
Explorer
Someone just told my husband that they had lost $7,000 in one of those scams. I did not think anyone would fall for those. It sounds like that was all of their savings.
And my husband did not say "Here is some money to help you out of the mess you are in." altho he felt bad for them.

Highway_4x4
Explorer
Explorer
So send him the money and start spending the 800K.
2014 Ram Cummins Laramie, Crew cab, 4x4, Loaded, Snugtop camper
2014 OutdoorsRV Wind River 250RDSW
Big spoiled Bernese Mountain Dog

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
So when did you send him the money? Lucky you. I sure I can win one of those someday.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
$800,000 is comfortable but hardly rich these days.

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
For most of these, its pretty apparent that English isn't their first language. "Please to make your kind payment to....."
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
I used to get these things almost weekly but I guess when I kept ignoring them they dropped me off their list. Still I think stuff like this is always good for a laugh; thanks to the OP.

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
2012Coleman wrote:
Everyone gets these emails - it doesn't make much sense to post them on here.

Ain't that the truth..:S

Mine said telling anyone would reduce my winnings by half..:R

RayJayco
Explorer
Explorer
camperpaul wrote:
This subject has been part of a project I have been involved in since the early 1990s.

Some friends of mine fell for one of the Nigerian scams in 1991 and lost everything they had.

My friends received a letter in the mail from an "attorney" in Nigeria saying he needed to move $2,500,000 out of the country before the corrupt government took it away from him. They were promised a $500,000 commission for their services.

They opened a special bank account and gave all of the account information to the scammer.

They then received five "cashier's checks" ($500,000 each), which they deposited in that account.

The scammer then waited about a week and started making withdrawals from the account until just over a million dollars had been withdrawn.

It took about two months before the bank found out the "Nigerian bank" on which those cashier's checks were drawn didn't exist; my friends were "on the hook" for approximately $1,200,000. Needless to say, my friends lost everything they had.

I swore a vendetta against the scammers...

Unfortunately, this is why scammers continue to do this sort of thing...
Inquiring minds want to know...

MotorPro
Explorer
Explorer
camperpaul wrote:

I'm sorry but I have a hard time feeling sorry for anyone greedy enough to fall for that.

camperpaul
Explorer
Explorer

Paul
Extra Class Ham Radio operator - K9ERG (since 1956)
Retired Electronics Engineer and Antenna Designer
Was a campground host at IBSP (2006-2010) - now retired.
Single - Full-timer
2005 Four Winds 29Q
2011 2500HD 6.0L GMC Denali (Gasser)