cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I thought the RV market might be getting soft. I was wrong.

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
And don’t understand why. This economy is more confusing and less predictable than ever.

So decided to dump the ole toy hauler. Thought being if someone wants it more than me, should have no issue getting something at a comparably better price this winter and likely more so next year.
All the RV dealers in this part of the country are full or filling up at the wrong time of the year for that.
So even selling at the “wrong time” I posted ours for sale for what I paid 2 years ago thinking wrong season and the above comments I’d be lucky to get that much.
Granted I got a fair deal in the spring of 2021. About $5k less than most comparable used rigs I figured. When RV inventory was nil and the second round of Covid buyers were pushing prices way up.
Took 3 days. Gone for asking price and have a list of folks who just weren’t as quick as the first dude.
Starting to second guess my decision. 7 years old. Very clean but not without a couple days worth of issues or repairs I needed to do to it. Plus it needs tires and a new converter

To say I’m surprised would be accurate.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold
31 REPLIES 31

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Yup, too many buyers waiting in line=sold too low!

Converters are not expensive, easy install.

If you'd have aired the tires to sidewall max, they'd still be good, not needing replaced.

Anyway...you'll get another deal on something, when you're ready! A fifth wheel maybe, but may have to lower the dozer. You could just bag the work truck?

Jerry

dedmiston
Aw man. You sold the hauler already? The ink wasn't even dry on your check yet.

Are you going to get a different hauler or go with something else?

Lemme guess... You didn't like the way it towed without a WD hitch and sway control? :B

Time to move up to a fifth wheel. You've got enough truck, right? Or are you holding out for an EV Class A?

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230