cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ian destruction

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Pray for those poor souls who made the wrong decision and are not with us today.
14 REPLIES 14

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
Sister is in Orlando, she never lost power, no damage to her place

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
ferndaleflyer wrote:
heard from from kids in Tampa this morning. Their electric came on last evening but no cell service till this morning. Good thing was no damage other than trees. So I guess some parts of Tampa were worse than others.

I'm a bit south of Tampa, on the bay, and we were pretty much spared from the effects of Ian. Some tree damage, but that's about it. We were lucky it took the east turn, but the people in Ft Myers suffered the effects.
I traveled down I-75 yesterday to Key West. Traveling on the interstate, there is little evidence of the destruction that took place just a few miles west in Ft. Myers and a few miles east in Arcadia. There were a few trees down, some signage down and the most notable issue was the netting at Top Golf had been wiped out. They were working on it when I passed by at 5 a.m. and working on it when I went by at 6 pm. I guess they really want to hit golf balls.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

ferndaleflyer wrote:
Ford guy Orlando kids are ok also

Glad to hear it!
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Ford guy Orlando kids are ok also

charlestonsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Heard on the news last night that residents in those hard hit areas are being asked to evacuate; Iโ€™m sure some have insurance for that, but some do not. After a diligent search and rescue effort, room has to be made for all the FEMA-supplied trailers to house people from FEMA itself, Corps of Engineers (levee just broke somewhere around Sarasota and, of course, bridges), Red Cross, feeding stations, etc. If residents stayed during Ian, they will not want to leave their property after Ian, but it is the best thing to do in order to repair the entire infrastructure. If residents want to stay in Florida, I hope there will be enough shelter available farther north, say around Tampa and Orlando. But money will be made available by FEMA to purchase and stay in RVs in northern Florida by residents who are uninsured.

ferndaleflyer wrote:
heard from from kids in Tampa this morning. Their electric came on last evening but no cell service till this morning. Good thing was no damage other than trees. So I guess some parts of Tampa were worse than others.

Glad they are ok.... Nothing from the ones in Orlando yet?
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
My son lives near Deland. His electric went off thur nite and back on sunday evening.
We stayed in contact by texts although he had periods of no cell service....no internet...no satellite service. He has 17 acres with no structure damage but lots of tree damage.
Gotta' feel for those that lost everything and a loved one.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Tampa is fine. Orlando got hit worse, but not anything like Ft. Myers and that area. I am 40 miles from Orlando, and people are still without power. That is probably why you haven't heard anything.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

ferndaleflyer wrote:
I have not heard from my grand children yet. 2 in Tampa and 2 in Orlando. Hope its lack of electric.

Well, I am almost 100% sure that's what it is..... the destruction is well SOUTH of there.. Yes, there was state wide flooding from heavy rain, but the damage from Ian is south..( with the exception of a Tornado)

A good friend of mine lives in Tampa and he did not even lose power, another in Clearwater lost power for a few hours.

We have friends in Sarasota/Bradenton and just lots of rain, and friends 10 miles from landfall who lost everything.. it will be weeks before some get power..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
ferndaleflyer wrote:
I have not heard from my grand children yet. 2 in Tampa and 2 in Orlando. Hope its lack of electric.

I have a brother in the Tampa bay area and he said it wasn't that bad there. Hope you hear from them soon.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

Shadow57
Explorer
Explorer
I agree prayers for all. I don't know if it will make you feel better but I have friends from Indiana who had booked a vacation for Indian Shores for this week. He was sure they would have to cancel, but they said to come on everything was fine.

Sanibel, Captiva and Fort Myers were our favorite place to vacation before getting a motor home. So sad to see it all destroyed.
2017 Forest River Forester 3051S

2014 Ram DRW 3500 Laramie Crew Cab

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
And that us, the living, learn to evacuate when asked by emergency workers.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad