cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Inflatable Kayaks

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Any thoughts on these? Thinking about a two man version. We could occasionally use some sort of boat but don't want to haul a full size one around. Nothing too energetic paddling around lakes and such. We have a fold-boat at home but it's just too much trouble to haul around with the motor and fuel. Need to sell it actually.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper
19 REPLIES 19

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.seaeagle.com/
I have the 330, get the 370 and better seats. They only made the 330 way back then.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
I got one, fun for just trolling around. I have had it in lakes, the hudson, the ocean, bay and everything in between. Not many rapids. Though it dis hit some along the way. Make sure you get one with the upgraded seats. Mine are not good. I got it like 14 or 16 years ago at costco and its still going strong. I got the cheaper one from intex last year to have a companion boat, big mistake. Its not good, or fun. The good one is a sea eagle. If you are 2 bigger type people get the 3 person one. Ill see if i can find the website. Its not like a kayak, but like a cross of kayak and canoe. It dosent track as well as a hard sided anything. But, fot just getting out there its real good for the $$$$
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
I had an Aquaglide brand kayak for about a year. I sold it because it was only 9' long and therefore didn't track well. But it felt durable and stable.

In general I'd say any of the better brands should give you good service for several years. Sea Eagles are popular and they have a budget model as well as a bunch of nicer drop-stitch, high pressure models that will not flex as much, will track better, and will flex less than the budget one.

Currently I'm using an inflatable stand-up paddleboard, Vilano Navigator, with a Sea Eagle inflatable seat, mostly with a Bending Branches Loon canoe paddle. It's slow but tracks well and I can stand and paddle with the longer SUP paddle when I get stiff and tired of sitting. I don't go far, it's just a way to get onto the lake and exercise for a while.

If you have the money and you like the idea of using your legs some of the time, Hobie makes an inflatable tandem kayak with their footpedal Mirage drive. They are plenty fun.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

SteveAE
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at packrafts.
Amazing little boats that roll up the size of backpacking tent and weight almost nothing. Not cheap though.

agesilaus wrote:
Any thoughts on these? Thinking about a two man version. We could occasionally use some sort of boat but don't want to haul a full size one around. Nothing too energetic paddling around lakes and such. We have a fold-boat at home but it's just too much trouble to haul around with the motor and fuel. Need to sell it actually.

I'll let you know my thoughts after Memorial Day... My wife was just on Facebook Market Place yesterday and found 2, almost new - 2 person inflatable Kayaks for sale closet us.

We went to look at them and they sure looked NEW.... no stains, no discoloration, no nothing... So, we picked them both up for a total of $200.00...

We will try them out in 2 weeks
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet