cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Information Discussion for Gate Guards

mdbass
Explorer
Explorer
Thought I'd start a new topic for Gate Guards to use for comments. Like the moderator suggested-keep technical stuff, recipes, mechanical, etc. where they belong. Lets hear from everyone sucking down that caliche dust.
Mark Bass
1,262 REPLIES 1,262

john_and_terry
Explorer
Explorer
The Texan wrote:

Cole said to give him a call, when we were ready to close this gate and he would have a gate for us. We are still considering the offer. The other company we plan on contacting is C & K Rentals in Cuero, which has a very good reputation among their employees.

All I can tell you is that Sitewatch REALLY cares about their people. Cole tends to be a bit picky about who he hires. Honestly, I like that! I have seen some folks working for other gate guard companies that I wouldn't let guard my underwear drawer.

Would I steer you wrong, Bob? :C
Full Timing In Our 1996 Winnebago Brave (P30/454)
...Check Out Our Gate Guarding Blog HERE!
TOAD - 2010 Nissan Cube
With 2 Fairly Well Behaved Diggities
Venus And Midnight

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Blondie Girl wrote:
coolbikeman1 wrote:
What does this mean? Have you changed gate guard companies?
:h

Blondie Girl wrote:
C & K's equipment does not look too good...but maybe they have good service people. We're just used to GGS's huge gen and everything seems to be new or fairly new each move we make.

No..We are still with GGS. I was commenting to Texan about his wanting to contact C & K.
We are with a great rig, not much traffic(less than a page most days)and have been with them since 11/2010. Also, they always pay us extra if there is a production job or a rework job that comes in our gate.
the only information I have on C&K is what others have said. I have never heard any bad info on them and never any equipment complaints. They pay as an employee and their pay is good. They are a smaller company and have stayed that way, which IMO, speaks volumes to their wanting to make sure they stay solvent.

It is just the point that most of the companies have problems, in one way or another, but there are still a couple out there, that appear to be remaining true to their people and will be around in another couple of years.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

Blondie_Girl
Explorer
Explorer
coolbikeman1 wrote:

Blondie Girl wrote:
C & K's equipment does not look too good...but maybe they have good service people. We're just used to GGS's huge gen and everything seems to be new or fairly new each move we make.

No..We are still with GGS. I was commenting to Texan about his wanting to contact C & K.
We are with a great rig, not much traffic(less than a page most days)and have been with them since 11/2010. Also, they always pay us extra if there is a production job or a rework job that comes in our gate.

coolbikeman1
Explorer
Explorer

Blondie Girl wrote:

Blondie_Girl
Explorer
Explorer

Leathercrafter
Explorer
Explorer
Never mind.

GGup
Explorer
Explorer
Gate is taken...I think both people involved will be happy.:CI let mdbass know our gate would work for a single individual. They are about to finish up the tubing and pump rods on 2 wells and then it will be pipeline (sometime) and then site pipe/production people on a 2nd site. Should only be day work after mid week next week.

Should last a long time as production will keep tankers going in and out.

So IF anyone wants a gate available on MONDAY let me know via PM and I will call you.

We have had no problems working out of the Carizzo Springs office of GGS. Have more than a year with them. I know The Texan has some problems with them but...there are people I do no want to be around as a friend but THEY still seem to have friends!!!!

So...let me know.
RUBY 2, 04' Born Free 24RB
37 CKSLS Cameo by Carriage
'08 Ford F450 Crew Cab 4x4 Dually 6.4Diesel
4.88 Gears AT, SCTLivewire
B&W Companion hitch
I'm a BSG'er!! Only 3 RULES:
Have a "B", Had a "B", or Want a "B"!!

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Dtslinger wrote:
Texan,
I thought you were with GGS and quite happy with them. Have I missed something? BTW, Idaho is gorgeous this time of year:D
I am and we are, but it's all about $$$$$$ up to a point, especially if you brave a summer here.....:B.. There have been several companies that have contacted us and we will NOT consider them, but the ones with a stellar reputation, are worth a look at least.

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.

Dtslinger
Explorer
Explorer
Texan,
I thought you were with GGS and quite happy with them. Have I missed something? BTW, Idaho is gorgeous this time of year:D
Terry & Alice Esslinger
2006 Bounder DP 38L
being pushed by 2012 Terrain

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
john and terry wrote:
mdbass wrote:
I will not be able to reply to this post as I have no internet. I wanted to thank everyone for their thoughts and help. I have found short term employment with Site Watch. I have someone checking out other possibilities, too. I really like this little community. BTW Missy will be back 2nd week of June!

Welcome to the crew! Awesome place to work!
Cole said to give him a call, when we were ready to close this gate and he would have a gate for us. We are still considering the offer. The other company we plan on contacting is C & K Rentals in Cuero, which has a very good reputation among their employees.

john_and_terry
Explorer
Explorer
mdbass wrote:
I will not be able to reply to this post as I have no internet. I wanted to thank everyone for their thoughts and help. I have found short term employment with Site Watch. I have someone checking out other possibilties, too. I really like this little community. BTW Missy will be back 2nd week of June!

Welcome to the crew! Awesome place to work!
Full Timing In Our 1996 Winnebago Brave (P30/454)
...Check Out Our Gate Guarding Blog HERE!
TOAD - 2010 Nissan Cube
With 2 Fairly Well Behaved Diggities
Venus And Midnight

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Betsy talked to GGS today and they are in need of gate guards to cover existing gates. Today, they are down at least one gate and by June, with the known departures, they are going to be hurting. If anyone wants a guaranteed job, now is the time to arrive and get your feet wet, but be prepared for the Texas summer. I have talked to several that normally return in Oct/Nov and they are coming back early this year, just to make sure they have a job for the winter. Everyone we talk to are very concerned about the economy this fall and their financial well being.

mdbass
Explorer
Explorer
I will not be able to reply to this post as I have no internet. I wanted to thank everyone for their thoughts and help. I have found short term employment with Site Watch. I have someone checking out other possibilties, too. I really like this little community. BTW Missy will be back 2nd week of June!
Mark Bass

Don_Shar
Explorer
Explorer
Well our rig came back today......busy busy busy.

Don / Sharon Smith
8th year fulltiming
1 high school sweetheart bride of 52 yrs. Sharon
1 long haired mini dauchound...Jake
1997 Beaver Patriot DP
2004 Jeep Rubicon
http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u189/smithster_photos/

mimi55
Explorer
Explorer
Is anyone gate guarding in Poth at the Bar None Ranch?