cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Information Discussion for Gate Guards

mdbass
Explorer
Explorer
Thought I'd start a new topic for Gate Guards to use for comments. Like the moderator suggested-keep technical stuff, recipes, mechanical, etc. where they belong. Lets hear from everyone sucking down that caliche dust.
Mark Bass
1,262 REPLIES 1,262

Don_Shar
Explorer
Explorer
The Texan wrote:
We see deer and other "normal" wildlife daily, but this evening was special. Had an adult cougar cross just in front of the RV, as the DW stepped out the door to walk the dog. As I said, we are waaaay out in the bush....:B

Wow Texan that is special. I love seeing animals in there natural habitat...lots better than in cages. wish you could have gotten a picture, maybe next time.
Don / Sharon Smith
8th year fulltiming
1 high school sweetheart bride of 52 yrs. Sharon
1 long haired mini dauchound...Jake
1997 Beaver Patriot DP
2004 Jeep Rubicon
http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u189/smithster_photos/

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
kcstepp1992 wrote:
The Texan wrote:
We see deer and other "normal" wildlife daily, but this evening was special. Had an adult cougar cross just in front of the RV, as the DW stepped out the door to walk the dog. As I said, we are waaaay out in the bush....:B

Photos......where are they?
A couple of things winked...;)..but none of them were a camera lens.....:B

john and terry wrote:
WOW! Was she cute? Sorry Bob...couldn't resist.
I thought so, but I don't think Betsy thought so, at the time.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

john_and_terry
Explorer
Explorer
The Texan wrote:

WOW! Was she cute? :B Sorry Bob...couldn't resist.
Full Timing In Our 1996 Winnebago Brave (P30/454)
...Check Out Our Gate Guarding Blog HERE!
TOAD - 2010 Nissan Cube
With 2 Fairly Well Behaved Diggities
Venus And Midnight

kcstepp1992
Explorer
Explorer
The Texan wrote:

Photos......where are they?

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on who you go to work for. GGS and Site Watch, just your license fees, nothing else. The others require various outlay with Time Keepers being the worst. They furnish NOTHING and require you to purchase everything, including FRC shirts with their logo on them.

Irish_01
Explorer
Explorer
OK folks, heading that way in August. What, aside from license fee, am I looking at in terms of cash outlay? Equipment, uniforms, lights, warning bells, etc. ?

Thanks for help,

Tom

kcstepp1992
Explorer
Explorer
Well at least they get you out to another site fairly quickly. I guess the good thing when a job ends you can pack up and move on since the house is with you.

Good luck with your new Gate.

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Actually, that is the norm for this business. Once all construction, drilling, production set up, or energy company related active work is complete, the energy company no longer is required to have a gate guard and they close the gate. sometimes you get a couple days notice and sometimes it is an hours notice, like we got.

The gate we came to today, has been open and active for over 2 years now and will be for another couple of years, with all the work on this property. Eventually tho, this one will close after all active work ceases and the product flows in a pipe line.

kcstepp1992
Explorer
Explorer
Wow Texan.......that is odd. Does that happen very often to you guys out there that have been with one gate for so long? Was the company released from the gate or what?

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Today is a sad day.......:(....Next wed would have been our 9th month on this gate and Jamie just called and said we were released. Time to pack up and go to Whitsett for the night, as he said he has a new gate for us tomorrow. the good thing, dinner together tonight at the Jalisco.

john_and_terry
Explorer
Explorer
Ken and Di wrote:
Need quick reply if you are on tonight and can help. I am traveling from Houston to San Angelo tomorrow will I be passing any gate guard sites I could take a look at? Just kinda want to see what the just of it is...would bring fresh food LOL

Probably so...just have to keep an eye out. Most gate guards are friendly enough to tell you anything you want to know if you stop.
Full Timing In Our 1996 Winnebago Brave (P30/454)
...Check Out Our Gate Guarding Blog HERE!
TOAD - 2010 Nissan Cube
With 2 Fairly Well Behaved Diggities
Venus And Midnight

Ken_and_Di
Explorer
Explorer
Need quick reply if you are on tonight and can help. I am traveling from Houston to San Angelo tomorrow will I be passing any gate guard sites I could take a look at? Just kinda want to see what the just of it is...would bring fresh food LOL

towparts
Explorer
Explorer
OK first time to post, normally only a lurker, but wanted to add to Dons post. We are the friends of Don & Sharon who tried to have Norm come out to install a brand new a/c. I talked with him once and made an agreement with him, went to cw and bought a new unit. Called him a total of six times over five days and he never made the call back. Larry from GGS gave me the phone number of Platinum RV, Kevin, and I was able to make an appointment with him two days after I called. He sent his helper, a young man named Carlos, who did the job in less than an hour and charged me less then what Norm had quoted me. I was very impressed with the professional attitude of all involved. Platinum, according to Carlos will go anywhere in South Texas, is based out of George West and the phone number is 361-542-7943
Stew/Sue Nash
Skeeter & Scooter Poodles
2003 Chev Duramax, long bed
2003 Fleetwood Advantage 38' 5th wheel

towparts
Explorer
Explorer
abusman40 wrote:
Don/Shar wrote:
Don/Shar wrote:
We had to have work done on 1 air conditioner. I know there has been searches for reliable repair men by some of our fellow Gate Guards. Well I am very happy to report that there is a very good and reliable RV Service repair man in the area. I asked how far east he would go and he said as far as a good job wants him to. He will go to Tilden, Three Rivers, and George west I know because I asked him. He replace a motor and fan in my front air total for labor, service call and parts $367. My air never sounded this quiet before. He also has new air conditioners on hand should anyone want a new one put in.
RV/ Camper Repairs
Norman Chasten
Carrizo Springs
830-255-9515
He is good, quick and on time and very reasonable.

Please people take note....I had very good luck with this person and I am very happy with the work he did for me.But a very good friend of mine contacted him on my recomendation and came to an agreement, but hasn't been able to contact him, and leaveing messages and he is not calling back. If you need service and call this service man please don't do it because I was happy with him. Do so because you need service and good luck.
Note....I would still contact him if I needed something.

I used Norman and he did preform the work quickly and at a very reasonable rate.
Stew/Sue Nash
Skeeter & Scooter Poodles
2003 Chev Duramax, long bed
2003 Fleetwood Advantage 38' 5th wheel