cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Information Discussion for Gate Guards

mdbass
Explorer
Explorer
Thought I'd start a new topic for Gate Guards to use for comments. Like the moderator suggested-keep technical stuff, recipes, mechanical, etc. where they belong. Lets hear from everyone sucking down that caliche dust.
Mark Bass
1,262 REPLIES 1,262

Ajones42
Explorer
Explorer
The Texan wrote:
I just sent Kathy a cut & paste of the screen we both got......They changed locations this week, so it may be because of that.

Growing pains. :C Had to upgrade the server due to increased traffic on the Forum. Should be OK now.
Fulltiming in a 2010 Puma 30RKSS
1993 Dolphin 32D -> Destroyed by hail April 2013
Gate Guards in the South Texas Pucker Brush
My Old RV
Oil Field Gate Guard Forum

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
It's back up now.....

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
I just sent Kathy a cut & paste of the screen we both got......They changed locations this week, so it may be because of that.

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.

jimmyfred
Explorer
Explorer
...........Is there a problem with MyOld RV website ? I've tried twice and got a problem notice each try ? , jf
2003 Chevy 8.1 Dually 2Wdr.
1999 Travel Supreme , 33 RLSS
20K Reese , Prodigy etc.

opengates
Explorer
Explorer
Been a gate guard off and on since 2009. Currently not affiliated with GGS or any guard company.

Here's a new site to post at if anyone would like.

www.GateGuardForum.com

Blondie_Girl
Explorer
Explorer
It seems like anyone who works for any gate-guard company other than GGS can still communicate anything they want and take all the pictures they want.
It doesn't bother me to sign their non-disclosure agreement. We can still talk about gate-guarding, we just can't disclose specific information and names.

mdbass
Explorer
Explorer
john and terry wrote:
With the nondisclosure agreement firmly in place, I have concerns for how folks are going to get any sort of training in the field. I have resurrected my blog as a training aide if anyone wants REAL information about how to go about doing the job properly.

Comments are welcome and encouraged as there are many terrific ideas that others bring to the table. However, no information that would violate a nondisclosure agreement will be allowed, and will be deleted immediately.

Here's the link...
Gate Guarding 101

Well , I think it's BS and some are overreacting. I'm sure glad I didn't have to sign anything like that. I would hope that the majority of us would not need a signed document to guide us in what we should or shouldn't say. Like they say "The two percent make it extremely difficult for the ninety eight percent to do anything". Anyway, my blog will remain active and anyone who wishes to contact me can do so. www.workampingstories.blogspot.com
Mark Bass

john_and_terry
Explorer
Explorer
With the nondisclosure agreement firmly in place, I have concerns for how folks are going to get any sort of training in the field. I have resurrected my blog as a training aide if anyone wants REAL information about how to go about doing the job properly.

Comments are welcome and encouraged as there are many terrific ideas that others bring to the table. However, no information that would violate a nondisclosure agreement will be allowed, and will be deleted immediately.

Here's the link...
Gate Guarding 101
Full Timing In Our 1996 Winnebago Brave (P30/454)
...Check Out Our Gate Guarding Blog HERE!
TOAD - 2010 Nissan Cube
With 2 Fairly Well Behaved Diggities
Venus And Midnight

Marty___Pookie
Explorer
Explorer
It was a matter of time before the Oil Industry, which is scared of unsafe practices or somebody leasing the neighbor by paying the neighbor too much, the accident lawyer getting some info, had to clamp down on the info leaks. As a person who has worked in the Industry, it seems like over kill for a simple contract job?

Employee or Contractor? What is the dividing line?

A note sent out by ? points out that oil and gas companies prohibit the disclosure of their confidential and proprietary information. This includes, but is not limited to, using the name of the company drilling on site, the equipment used, information about drilling and fracing, the amount of traffic coming and going on site, our activities while on site, the identity of the visitors coming and going, the oil company's communications with us, information about the traffic logs, and any information about the company we are assigned to. No photos are allowed.

So much grey area.
Marty & Pookie
AND ITS HER TRAILER
BUT HIS TRUCK
Dodge Diesel 98
30 ft 5er
Amateur Radio N5PZJ

ChaosAgent
Explorer
Explorer
FW wrote:
We did a gig the first of the year in TX. Health reasons caused a move to a different state. Does anyone know if our security
licenses can transfer like our driver license?

Frank

Pretty sure it doesn't work that way. Every state has different requirements and a different test.

How else would they get money out of you.
'99 American Eagle 40NS 'Beauty'
'04 Dodge Dakota 4x4 Crew Cab Toad
DH
DW
Karma Karma, The Coach Cat
Our RV Adventures

mdbass
Explorer
Explorer
The mercury has hit 106 here the last few days. They had a spud meeting this a.m. and Alterra (I think I spelled that right) put on a shrimp boil. Whoo Hoo! Boiled shrimp, new potatoes and corn. Almost made the temps bearable. Our EOG boys sure are good to us!
Mark Bass

FW
Explorer
Explorer
We did a gig the first of the year in TX. Health reasons caused a move to a different state. Does anyone know if our security
licenses can transfer like our driver license?

Frank
Frank
Full time since 1/3/03
2005 BTCruiser 28.5' Always
2002 Chevy Tracker 4x4 Sometimes

loydstuts
Explorer
Explorer
You have to be CLEET certified ij Oklahoma. Involves about 120 hours of classroom for unarmed license. texas is MUCH easier.

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Call Patty at GGS and ask her about that. They have guards in TX, OK, MS, LA and I believe NM.

JcoFS3500
Explorer
Explorer
Been doing some reading up on gate guarding as we consider our future employment options and wanted to ask - Anyone here gate guarding in a state other than Texas? I'm thinking specifically of Oklahoma but would be interested in knowing what other states are represented. The reason for my question is that I'm curious how the licensing and other requirements differ for other states. I see that Alcatraz and several other companies supposedly place guards in Oklahoma but I haven't found any Oklahoma gate guarders blogs yet to see from the GG perspective what might be different. Thanks for any input you can offer.
'93 Jayco FS3500 TT behind a '92 Dodge D250 powered by 5.9L Cummins

'94 Vogue Prima Vista powered by 8.3L Cummins w/ 6spd Allison