cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Information Discussion for Gate Guards

mdbass
Explorer
Explorer
Thought I'd start a new topic for Gate Guards to use for comments. Like the moderator suggested-keep technical stuff, recipes, mechanical, etc. where they belong. Lets hear from everyone sucking down that caliche dust.
Mark Bass
1,262 REPLIES 1,262

Southern_Nights
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of information here on most of the companies but nothing on Primo and only one or two for J&G or Swift.

Anyone have information they can share on well they service their guards?
Larry and Samantha
Fur kids-Duchess,Mesa and Sweetie

mdbass
Explorer
Explorer
waywardwinds wrote:
then the water tank hose came off and pumped it dry. didn't know it till the next day because of all the mud from the storm.

Highly recommend you use your external pump and fill your internal water tank as needed; shutting off the valve to the big tank the rest of the time. IF you have internal tanks.
Mark Bass

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
The Feds lost their labor lawsuit against the GG community. They will file an appeal.....

http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2013/feb/19/jrp_gate_guard_022013_202349/

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

Blondie_Girl
Explorer
Explorer
waywardwinds wrote:
we did it now working a gate started tue afternoon. just in time for our first thunderstorm. what fun hahaha. then the water tank hose came off and pumped it dry. didn't know it till the next day because of all the mud from the storm. should have more water today. we had some in the fresh water tank but thats gone now too. we filled up 13 pages in thr first 24 hours. seems they have a new rig just setting up and a pipe line crew and a facilities crew here adding more tanks and pipe line.

You may want to check and see if you are supposed to be writing everyone down or if you are just assigned to write down the traffic for the rig. It sure would help out. We are assigned with a rig and are just responsible for the rig traffic, all other traffic we just wave in and out.

tininthewind
Explorer
Explorer
waywardwinds wrote:
we did it now working a gate started tue afternoon. just in time for our first thunderstorm. what fun hahaha. then the water tank hose came off and pumped it dry. didn't know it till the next day because of all the mud from the storm. should have more water today. we had some in the fresh water tank but thats gone now too. we filled up 13 pages in thr first 24 hours. seems they have a new rig just setting up and a pipe line crew and a facilities crew here adding more tanks and pipe line.

What Gate Guard Company do you work for? What is their base daily pay for sitting gate? Do they pay extra for extra activity? If so how much? Thank you for any info. Welcome to this site.

waywardwinds
Explorer
Explorer

Blondie_Girl
Explorer
Explorer
Why so much drama?? You got searched...you had the option of submitting to it or not. We are only replying to your post with our input. That is what a forum is for. Chill out and enjoy your time off.

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
It is really sad when we lose good folks because of a few jerks. I have certainly seen my share of it. Hope you will say in touch....
Dianne (and Terry) (Fulltimed for 9 years)
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)
2012 Ford F350, diesel, 4x4 SRW, crew cab, longbed
2009 Lance 971 Truck Camper, loaded

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

[COLOR=]Camping, nature's way to feed the mosquitoes

Mfar1234
Explorer
Explorer
It all makes sense now - from Dallas.

Texan is correct - it useless!

Hang in there Texan - good man you are!!
:C
Mfar1234
40' 2002 Alpine Coach, 400 ISL Cummings/3000 6sd Allison
2006 Dodge Ram 4x4
Brodie - Lab Mix and Baylee - Border Collie

Ajones42
Explorer
Explorer
I think I will excuse myself from this thread as well. The 'pay' does not make it worthwhile.

FWIW, If Bob the Texan's experience is anything like mine, I get about 20 emails a week from folks asking the MOST BASIC of questions about gate guarding which can be found in MERE SECONDS using the search feature here or on Google. I dutifully and politely reply--sometimes running to several paragraphs. About 50% of the time I receive a thank you in reply. Many times over I get a combative reply which questions the validity of my answer to their question. My tolerance of rude behavior has never been very high and lessens as I grow older.
Fulltiming in a 2010 Puma 30RKSS
1993 Dolphin 32D -> Destroyed by hail April 2013
Gate Guards in the South Texas Pucker Brush
My Old RV
Oil Field Gate Guard Forum

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Well gatekeepers, you just pushed me to a decision. If anyone wants info of any kind, they are going to have to find it on their own. This used to be friendly group that worked in the gate guard profession, but it has been taken down to the gutter by many who think that any answer not to their liking is trash. Well, from this point forward, find your answer where ever you can.

For those that I have helped over the years and want answers, you have my email from earlier and I will respond by email, but that is it.

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.

gatekeepers
Explorer
Explorer
slam them??????
how else could it be interpeted he informed us that it rarely (rarely as in almost never) happens unless "there is cause to do so". i know it was a quote from his supper.

"We have seen a GG company initiate a search on two separate occasions, so it is done. We are also aware of and know people that were searched or told they were going to be searched with 4 different companies. The 3 worst for conducting searches are Chesapeake, Pioneer & Talisman."
it would have been nice if you would have stated this earlier. that is an answer to my originaL question.
i did not say it does not happen i said "i know of NO searches done by a GATE GUARD CO"
had you stated this sooner i would not have been ignorant of it taking place!
AND after all i was only following in your footsteps. how many times have YOU sharply told posters to read the 115 pages of gate guard info. so you do not have to answer their question.
why if you do not want to answer their question then why do you just NOT!. not every one has the time to read thru 115 pages of dribble to hopefully find out what they want to know.

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
They stated what they were told be "a company man" and you slam them for their response......IMO, that was wrong. We have seen a GG company initiate a search on two separate occasions, so it is done. We are also aware of and know people that were searched or told they were going to be searched with 4 different companies. The 3 worst for conducting searches are Chesapeake, Pioneer & Talisman.

gatekeepers
Explorer
Explorer
it's funny that you would imply WE were searched for a reason, we are on the companies good side the chesapeake people love us, our last 2 co men asked us to move with them and were very disapointed when we would not go. on jan15 we told our gate guard co we were taking time off and want to be replaced on the 1st of feb. (we have been on a gate 8 months with no relief) they said they would and asked if we would be coming back to work for them. the chesapeake exect's told us that they have only done random searches. i know of NO searches done by a GATE GUARD CO.

Blondie_Girl
Explorer
Explorer
We feel the same way about searching our RV.. We have nothing illegal,but I do not want a stranger going through my personal things. We were told by the company saftey man a few months ago that they might be conducting searches at the rig. We told him how we felt about the searches and he told us their company rarely searches the gate guard's RV unless there is a cause to do so.