cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Information Discussion for Gate Guards

mdbass
Explorer
Explorer
Thought I'd start a new topic for Gate Guards to use for comments. Like the moderator suggested-keep technical stuff, recipes, mechanical, etc. where they belong. Lets hear from everyone sucking down that caliche dust.
Mark Bass
1,262 REPLIES 1,262

Thetravelingcoo
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all who've posted in this thread. As one who is interested in this kind of job, I applaud you all for taking the time to post your experiences good and bad!

So a pat on the back for you I say, along with a heartfelt thank you. When I decide the time is right to get in to this for me, I'll have you all to thank for giving me the knowledge to know what the heck I'm doing. LOL.

Continued good fortunes to all!

Thetravelingcooler

Lone_Star_Homel
Explorer
Explorer
My company Lone Star Homeland Security will hire single gate guards under one of two conditions. One being that its a pipe line gate that's only run 12 hrs per day or two you become a W2 employee and work 7 days on 7 days off.

Jason

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Having been in the field since 2007, I will give an answer, but probably not the one you want to hear. Yes, there are companies that hire singles, in fact over time, most will. The thing is that single gates are few and far between and no one knows from one day to the next when one will come available. The company we are with had multiple single gates last winter, but none now. The only thing you can do is call each and every company that you want to work for and tell them that you are available for a single gate.

Please do NOT think you are a super person and can work a busy 24 hour gate by yourself, because it will not be possible longer than a couple of days....Have seen this happen on more than one occasion and the end result is the person leaving and most never returning.

Also suggest you join Andy's My Old RV forum , which is dedicated to the gate guard industry and the guards themselves.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

CTD2005
Explorer
Explorer
rockwell_g wrote:
**I sure hope this message
is part of the Sticky" & not closed-

Can anyone tell me of a company
that hire:
Single Gate Guards? In Texas?

If you are a single gate guard and
would like to share any additional
information, I'd appreciate it-

Thank you
Geneva

I would be interested in the same info.
Thanks
Nick and Suzanne
The Pugs - Tuff, Raphy
Boerne, Texas.
2009 Heartland Sundance
2005 Dodge 2500 QCSB 4X4, 5.9L CTD

rockwell_g
Explorer
Explorer
**I sure hope this message
is part of the Sticky" & not closed-

Can anyone tell me of a company
that hire:
Single Gate Guards? In Texas?

If you are a single gate guard and
would like to share any additional
information, I'd appreciate it-

Thank you
Geneva

rabajara
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like a plan to me. I am sure there will be lots of people interested. We are gate guards, have been since Sept 2010. Only thing is we come back home in the summer months.

rabajara
Explorer
Explorer
Lone Star Homeland wrote:
Good afternoon RV'ers,

I just read some of the contract labor post. I will be contacting my lawyer this week to figure out what the correct way to hire (any of you) laborers would be. I know there was some debate about insurance with general liability and WC. Along with the W2 vs W9 employees. Ideally I would like to W9 employees (for simplicity of payroll) but include all contractors on insurance. I am already paying for insurance regardless of if its W2 or W9 employees/contractors so why not have everyone covered? Insurance is based off payouts so regardless ifs W2 or W9 I still am paying $44 on the thousand for WC, Gen liability, and Unemployment. With a W9 the only thing I wouldn't put on the policy would be your trailer.

Again this is something that I need to talk to my lawyer about.

Lone_Star_Homel
Explorer
Explorer
Good afternoon RV'ers,

I just read some of the contract labor post. I will be contacting my lawyer this week to figure out what the correct way to hire (any of you) laborers would be. I know there was some debate about insurance with general liability and WC. Along with the W2 vs W9 employees. Ideally I would like to W9 employees (for simplicity of payroll) but include all contractors on insurance. I am already paying for insurance regardless of if its W2 or W9 employees/contractors so why not have everyone covered? Insurance is based off payouts so regardless ifs W2 or W9 I still am paying $44 on the thousand for WC, Gen liability, and Unemployment. With a W9 the only thing I wouldn't put on the policy would be your trailer.

Again this is something that I need to talk to my lawyer about.

Lone_Star_Homel
Explorer
Explorer
Good Morning campers,

This is my first post here and I just wanted to say hi and a little about myself.

Mission Statement - To provide the highest level of customer service while maintaining professionalism and integrity.

About us
Lonestar Homeland Security, LLC is a licensed and insured provider of gate guard security services to the oilfield. Jason Scarborough President and Founder of Lonestar Homeland Security, LLC, is currently active duty United States Coast Guard holding a Secret Security Clearance and has 15 years experience with Homeland Security. The management team holds 8 years experience in the oilfield gate guarding business with a reputation of excellence.

Services
Lonestar Homeland Security, LLC recognizes the value of extraordinary customer service and uses that to gain a competitive edge. We commit to the following:
โ€ข Monitor and document all traffic activity in and out of a location.
โ€ข Enforce site-specific rules and regulations set forth by the State of Texas, Oil Company and landowner.
Lonestar Homeland Security, LLC excels in selecting and developing individuals with high potential talent who are consistent, dependable and accurate in carrying out responsibilities to a successful conclusion. Employees of Lonestar Homeland Security, LLC are:
โ€ข Salaried
โ€ข Uniformed
โ€ข Hold a Texas Non-Commissioned Security License

This week we will be getting on all the Oil Companies vendor list and start applying for contracts to be filled immediately. We currently have four of our own personal trailers and skids. After those four gates are filled we will be looking for additional contracted personnel to fill other gates acquired.

Pay will be very competitive starting at $200 per day.

I will have web site and work emails up by monday. Until then you can PM me for further details.

jf44
Explorer
Explorer
Have you heard of Capital Well Service near San Antonio
Tx ? Any pro or con about them ? Thanks, James
Jayco Designer 'C'
03 Saturn LW 200
Dachshund Deluxe ๐Ÿ™‚

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Most companies also cover your utilities at the gate. This makes the pay even worth more, when your housing utilities are paid.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

rabajara
Explorer
Explorer
The pay is from $125.00, 150.00, 175.00, 185.00 & 200.00 per 24 hrs period. All depends on the company you work for.

kells81
Explorer
Explorer
I have been building compressor stations while not in an overseas environment and am very curious what this pays? I usually make 10-14k/month working on the road around TX as a sparky and about the same overseas. I am overseas now and a buddy is asking me to borrow my RV to try his hand at this.

mdbass
Explorer
Explorer
waywardwinds wrote:
I did want to ask somthing we work for timekeepers we get 250 gal. of water a week. that just barely enough it seems. is this the norm? we have a washer and dryer but can't use it just not enough water for it.
Think outside the box and find out who services the rig. Once we "bribed" the water company driver with some brownies and cookies we never had to worry about water again.
Mark Bass

wciim
Explorer
Explorer
This is in reply to not enough water when washing clothes. I am betting you have a washer/dryer that is NOT vented, they use a huge amount of water to dry clothes. We have a vented one and I wash 3 or 4 loads a week, shower, etc and 250 gallons is plenty. Our friends (gate guards) replaced their washer/dryer last month and have seen a huge difference in the amount of water they use. Just food for thought.