cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Information Discussion for Gate Guards

mdbass
Explorer
Explorer
Thought I'd start a new topic for Gate Guards to use for comments. Like the moderator suggested-keep technical stuff, recipes, mechanical, etc. where they belong. Lets hear from everyone sucking down that caliche dust.
Mark Bass
1,262 REPLIES 1,262

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
moderator note.....at the suggestion of one of our members, I requested this topic be made a sticky. Please keep all gate guard info in this thread.

Thank you to our administrators for making this happen:)

DianneOK, Moderator
Dianne (and Terry) (Fulltimed for 9 years)
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)
2012 Ford F350, diesel, 4x4 SRW, crew cab, longbed
2009 Lance 971 Truck Camper, loaded

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

[COLOR=]Camping, nature's way to feed the mosquitoes

Ajones42
Explorer
Explorer
rob-bill wrote:

Go to http:www.myoldrv.com and click on Oilfield Guard info and you will find a list of companys and a lot of other good info.
This guy Andy also has a forum MyOldRVForums that has a lot of good info on GGing try these and you will find your info.

Clickable link

I think the link for the gate guard forum is in my sig line
Fulltiming in a 2010 Puma 30RKSS
1993 Dolphin 32D -> Destroyed by hail April 2013
Gate Guards in the South Texas Pucker Brush
My Old RV
Oil Field Gate Guard Forum

rob-bill
Explorer
Explorer
WagginTailsRV wrote:
There seems to be a number of gate guard service companies in Texas. Has anyone compiled a list of those companies, contact info, what they provide, etc?

For those who are working gates now and have motor homes, how do you keep your propane tank filled?

Thanks

Go to http:www.myoldrv.com and click on Oilfield Guard info and you will find a list of companys and a lot of other good info.
This guy Amdy also has a forum MyOldRVForums that has a lot of good info on GGing try these and you will find your info.

WagginTailsRV
Explorer
Explorer
There seems to be a number of gate guard service companies in Texas. Has anyone compiled a list of those companies, contact info, what they provide, etc?

For those who are working gates now and have motor homes, how do you keep your propane tank filled?

Thanks
Jerry & Carol Pearson (+ fur babies)
FullTime since 2012
04 Winnebago Adventure 04 Mercury GrandMarquis
www.waggintailsrv.com

GGup
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ˜„ I sort of figured that!!!
I guess the yard is full of waiting RV Gate Guards in Carrizo Springs.

They think the next couple of weeks should start the NEW YEAR big and all will be at work soon.

Glad We are working. Nice rain today...if for a Gate Guard there is EVER a NICE RAIN!!!!
RUBY 2, 04' Born Free 24RB
37 CKSLS Cameo by Carriage
'08 Ford F450 Crew Cab 4x4 Dually 6.4Diesel
4.88 Gears AT, SCTLivewire
B&W Companion hitch
I'm a BSG'er!! Only 3 RULES:
Have a "B", Had a "B", or Want a "B"!!

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
It means I moved it from the bottom of several pages of topics to the top.......
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

GGup
Explorer
Explorer
"bump"

:? what does that mean? :@
B&W Companion hitch

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
bump
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

mdbass
Explorer
Explorer
rhianna wrote:
Gatekeeper; We finally left the gate. The reasons we left are twofold. The dust was killing us. We were positioned just 20' from a dirt road that was the route to at least 4 other wells and the dust was so bad that we were having a hard time breathing.

Unfortunately that is part and parcel of gate guarding. We literally shovel the motorhome out periodically. Dust and grime covers everything within 12 hours or less. My DW spent a couple of thousand dollars getting treated for breathing issues during the summer. There were days here where you could not see more than about 15-20 feet in front of you. Our entreaties to various officials of both the exploration and drilling companies fell on deaf ears. OCCASIONALLY we would get watered down. It is better now, but breathing and visibility are still a problem. We need the job and don't know anyone who pays as much so we just "cowboy up".
Mark Bass

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
SiteWatch is an awesome company to work for. The owner/manager is very easy going and right up front with everything. The pay is very good and you don't get charged for every thing that you need or use at a gate, like Timekeepers. We worked for TK from 2007 to 2009, PM me if you want our take on why we will not work for them today.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

waywardwinds
Explorer
Explorer
my mistake it's not site watch it's timekeepers we are going to see and do the test and paper work.
john and carol

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
waywardwinds wrote:
has any on heard of capital well service? i have not seen any one on here talk about them. they are looking for help on workers on wheels web site.
we are going to borne tx. jan 2nd to do the paper work for gate gaurds we are wondering what is the test like? can any one tell tell us what to expect?
going whith site watch they emailed us a packet we filled it out mailed in and they called us to set up a time to come down. were just driving down for that. told them we wouldn't be ready to bring the motorhome till the end of jan. they said that work work out good.
john and carol
and one very ugly lab
The owner of the company is a rancher and very nice....his manager for the security company is a retired Texas Ranger with a serious attitude problem. Friends of ours worked for them and when the ranger came on board, it got nasty, with orders and micro managing. They left and even tho they are still good friends with the rancher and his wife, they will NOT work for them again, as long as the Texas Ranger is managing the company.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

waywardwinds
Explorer
Explorer
has any on heard of capital well service? i have not seen any one on here talk about them. they are looking for help on workers on wheels web site.
we are going to borne tx. jan 2nd to do the paper work for gate gaurds we are wondering what is the test like? can any one tell tell us what to expect?
going whith site watch they emailed us a packet we filled it out mailed in and they called us to set up a time to come down. were just driving down for that. told them we wouldn't be ready to bring the motorhome till the end of jan. they said that work work out good.
john and carol
and one very ugly lab

GGup
Explorer
Explorer
irhanna wrote:
They definitely could do a better job, but I'm sure it is in par with every one else.

Not sure if you mean par with other LOMA sites or all Gate Guard companies.

IT is NOT par with other GG Employers.
B&W Companion hitch

rhianna
Explorer
Explorer
I can't say that LOMA was a bad company to work for. We had a good generator and sufficient water. However, even when we told them that the book said the oil was to be changed every 500 hrs, it was never changed. The water quality was an issue. We were told that it would be city water (therefore tested)but it was brought on a wagon and container that looked like it had been used to clean the barn and when we asked where it came from he said a "well". And when we asked him if he cleaned the tank he said he rinsed it out once in a while. Any concerns we voiced with our manager were quickly dismissed. Like having the road watered. Our manager said there was nothing he could do about it and that we were NEVER to contact the rig people about it. But when I mentioned it to one of the workers I was told that the drilling company would gladly come out and water in from of our site.When the rig moved out they took the garbage wagon with them. When I asked our manager if he knew of another LOMA site in the area that we could take our garbage to instead of 35 miles into town, he just said "NO". Come to find out, the RV area that he and everyone else stayed at had a garbage wagon, laundry and showers that were available to us (our neighbor told us). They definitely could do a better job, but I'm sure it is in par with every one else.