cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

? Instant Pot Questions

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer
Your opinion which is "best": The Original Instant Pot or one of the other-brand knock offs?

For the two of us, is the 3qt 'plenty big enough' or do we 'really want' the 6qt?
25 REPLIES 25

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
I must be a little older than you wa8yxm, to me last man standing has more to do with military organizations. Mine, the USS Growler SSG577 Association is looking at the last man standing. I will be presenting a LMS bottle of Scotch to the crew very soon. We're mostly in our very late 70's and early 80's. The presentation box for the scotch has no seams and no way of opening it. I don't think any of us will ever drink that bottle.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
wanderingbob wrote:
Instant Pot ? I think that is the website where ya order marijuana thru the mail , kinda like Amazon .

I was going to say something like that but, you beet me to it.

I never heard of one of these Instant Pot things until now. I see how for some people it could be handy. But, for me, I see no need for it. Just another gadget to set around in my kitchen taking up space.

But, to each their own.

P.S. can you cook beets in your Instant Pot . ๐Ÿ˜›

DarthMuffin
Explorer
Explorer
We have the 3 quart and it's a good size for two. With say a pot roast and some potatoes it's two hearty servings or a bit of left overs. With rice it's almost too much as you have to cook a set amount in it.

As for time savings, it's a bit of a false economy. Add in 10 min for heatup, 5 for cooldown, prep time and all the dishes you still need to wash and it's not THAT awesome any more. Still a keeper though.

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Just a quick note, Instant Pot has been absorbed by someone. No more original ones.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
So - what does a typical antenna look like - both home based setup and one you take on the road? Will check out WWW.ARRL.ORG
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
VP9KL wrote:
Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Hey.. Thanks to ICOM who sent me a nice new ID-5100 for free I'm now on D-Star under my user ID here.. But last night I managed to lot into a reflector (12A) (IRLP has those too) and WOW.. Made contact with KA6LMS.

For those who do not know about KA6LMS.. The Last Man Standing radio club.

Tim Taylor (Mike Baxter on LMS) is a licensed Ham. he was not when the show started but got his license. The producer and over half the staff. including some of the other actors and actresses are also licensed hams. During their LUNCH break which for me is Tues Evening (2300 hrs universal time) they get on the air.. The Basement Radio Room set you occasionally see used.. Those are real radios.. one of them is an Icom ID-5100 (Same radio I have) and that's what the operator was using for the LMS net last night according to the radio.

DSTAR (Digital System Technology for Amateur Radio) Is a digital radio mode were not only can we talk but the radios share some digital info like .. In both My and LMS case the model of the radio and our GPS address. if the operator so chooses. So John knew where I was located And my name both from the Radio.

Lots of fun
If you think you might like to get into Ham Radio WWW.ARRL.ORG is the starting point.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
OH!.... THAT kind of pot.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
wanderingbob wrote:
Instant Pot ? I think that is the website where ya order marijuana thru the mail , kinda like Amazon .

Brings back a memory of the TV show 3's company.. Jack sent Mr. Roper down to Mexico to buy a Pot.. Make sure you get the brown a it's better.. A Narcotics cop was dining at the time and Jumped to the wrong concussion (What you get when you jump to a conclusion) Of course jack was buying Pottery. type pot. not the stuff that really is NOT a grass but also goes by that name.

To the subject line.
I store mine on the counter between near daily use and on the bed when in motion .
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
I really like my 3 quart Instant Pot. Time saver. Does a wonderful job of tenderizing meat. Easy clean up. Tons of online recipes. Hard boiled eggs are easy to peel. One pan cooking by using the "Saute" function for browning. Set it forget it, timer. Big enough for two.

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
^ Yeah just get one. One of the handier new kitchen gizmos, imo.
Think about the ninja foodie. Idk anything about them but had some air fried chicken outta one and it was delicious.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, all, appreciate the comments. Will pass on to DW. Whatever she wants, don't matter to me.

PS--WanderingBob...think you're wandering a bit too far.

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
I recently bought a NuWave instapot knock off at Bed Bath and Beyond- 6 qt, $59 - 20% off = $47. Used it a couple time with good results.
It does seem pretty big- gotta figure out where I can put it in the MH
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

hawkhill
Explorer
Explorer
I have the 3 QT Instant Pot for our RV for two of us. At home, I originally bought the 8 QT which comes in handy for company. Also, added a 6 QT to the mix at home for when there is just two of us. At home, we have more room in the frig to keep leftovers than in the RV so the 6 QT allows us an extra meal.

Cannot speak in regards the knockoffs. We are very pleased with Instant Pot. I agree with espendydad that there are tons of recipes written specifically to Instant Pot time specs which is handy. Knockoffs may have size and pressure differences that may change recipe timing. Also, lots of Instant Pot accessories available.
2015 RAM 3500 dually Deep Cherry Red Crystal 6.7 Cummins Aisin 6-Speed
2008 Carriage Cameo F35SB
Jeff "Loving DH"
Smokey & Purrshing, Our Ragdolls
Gordie, Springer Spaniel
True Blue, Aussie