cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Insurance help

Art_Schlangen
Explorer
Explorer
Well got in the mail today that our insurance company is not going to renew and no longer going to carry motor home insurance. Its National Interstate, they are suggesting Geico Insurance. What insurance do you have. I have my personal home and cars with State Farm. Thanks
32 REPLIES 32

temccarthy1
Explorer
Explorer
I went from 48 years with State Farm to Geico after State Farm raised my auto and homeowners for " no reason" cause they thought they could in NJ. Went to Geico-- saved a lot and coverage better! Now have 2 cars, home,umbrella, boat and Travel trailer on Geico for 5 years! They beat everyone's rates I can find! Very happy! Check them out!
Tim, Ramona and dog Scruffy
1982 Coleman Sun Valley PUP (retired)
2014 Keystone Bullet 285RLS Ultralite TT
2013 Ford Expedition XLT 5.4L Triton V8
Equalizer E2 hitch

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
x 2 on the hartford/aarp i have saved a lot of money and their service is above reproach

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
We have used several different companies and have dropped most because of the second year rate increase they like to give. We have now had The Hartford through AARP for four years and have been very happy with them. Due to the age of our coach we don't carry replacement value on our policy but it has been much less than any of our other policies and actually decreased this last renewal even though I turned 73 today.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
b17drvr wrote:
I got the same letter from National Interstate. My agent handles safeco insurance. Any comments on them?

We have had Safeco for about 10 years and filed 2 claims which were handled very well. Their rates are always competitive as I have my agent check every other year and I also get a quote on occasion.

Atlee
Explorer
Explorer
We've had State Farm for years and years. Never had any trouble. Had to call on State Farm when our 1st Class B burned to the ground down in Mississippi on I-10 on the way to the Sugar Bowl in 2004. Had no problem with the settlement.
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
Like suggested before, give state farm a call. i like having all my insurance stuff under one roof, in my case USAA.

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
Progressive. I am with them and they are fantastic from our experience.

Jack L
Jack & Nanci

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
Progressive, after difficulties with national general.
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
I had NI and got the same letter. My agent would not write a Safeco policy because of the transfer of NI policies and the undecided premiums at the time of transfer. Safeco could not give a set premium. I went with National General

b17drvr
Explorer
Explorer
I got the same letter from National Interstate. My agent handles safeco insurance. Any comments on them?

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
rk911 wrote:
Art Schlangen wrote:
Well got in the mail today that our insurance company is not going to renew and no longer going to carry motor home insurance. Its National Interstate, they are suggesting Geico Insurance. What insurance do you have. I have my personal home and cars with State Farm. Thanks

we have state farm for all our vehicles, homeowners and personal liability umbrella. unless you're full time I'd start with them.

+1

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our DP and TT are with State Farm. Since you already use them for other policies, call them.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

Art_Schlangen
Explorer
Explorer
Covered Wagon, I here you I have heard night mare stories about Geico and Progressive. I will call State Farm I think they were higher in price but I know they will cover what we have.

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
10 Years ago a car wiped out the side of my clients new Fifth wheel. I was there to do the repairs to the landscaping and repair the part of his home that was damaged. Progressive refused to cover the guys fifth wheel when they found out the driver was trying to commit suicide when the crash happened.

My client worked so very hard and should have been retired, but he had this strong dream of RVing, so he stayed on till it was paid for, but Progressive caused him so much stress over this he got a stroke that hurt his vision.

I will never go Progressive even if you bought it for me. I'm sorry about my rant but my client was a real good guy and it got me real miffed.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Art Schlangen wrote:

we have state farm for all our vehicles, homeowners and personal liability umbrella. unless you're full time I'd start with them.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle