cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is there a campground list website

Dottie5
Explorer
Explorer
This last trip we didn't make reservations anywhere along our route because we didn't know how far we could make it each day. So when we began getting ready to stop for the night, I'd start looking for campgrounds on my phone. It was very cumbersome as I'd have to do a search for each individual upcoming town. Then I might lose cell service and interrupt my search and start all over again.

I thought it would be nice if there was a website that gave a list, by state, alphabetically, campgrounds available in that state, town or just along interstates.

Does such a thing exist?
19 REPLIES 19

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
Rvparkreviews.com is my most used locator but one has to keep in mind that one person's opinion of a certain park may not be the same as yours. Additionally, some reviews may be quite old and conditions at that certain park may have changed for better or worse. Still, I find that website to be quite useful in determining whether or not I'll stay at a certain rv park .

Also, keep in mind that there are usually numerous other campgrounds that aren't covered in any one of the park locators. Therefore, it's good practice to use several locator sites when researching a certain area for rv parks. It almost never fails that when I check into a campground I found on the Internet I spot others in the area that weren't listed, perhaps even nicer than the one on the Internet. I.e., I'm at an rv park here in Hendersonville, NC that I found using one of the on line locators where I'm paying $350/mo. Not a bad place but friends in the area told me about another rv park that is half the price. That particular park isn't listed on any of the online locator sites.
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

tsetsaf
Explorer III
Explorer III
I will add my favorite: Campgroundviews.com
2006 Ram 3500
2014 Open Range
"I don't trust my own advise!"

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have found The Ultimate US Public Campground Project to be the best source for public campgrounds. It shows over 20,000 camping location across the lower 48. They also have a great app for Apple devices. We have found some great places with the help of this site.

Ted H.

I second The Ultimate US Public Campground for a good source of info. And http://www.uscampgrounds.info/ is also a very helpful site with lots of good info about hook-ups, reservations, coordinates and more.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

wxtoad
Explorer
Explorer
We have found The Ultimate US Public Campground Project to be the best source for public campgrounds. It shows over 20,000 camping location across the lower 48. They also have a great app for Apple devices. We have found some great places with the help of this site.

Ted H.
2005 Lazy Daze 26.5 Rear Bath
NE13

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
you can use this website to find a campground without being a member of good sam. you can search for all campgrounds or just those affiliated with good sam. of you can use this free app to do the same (ios and android)
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I have a campground directory but sometimes will do a Google search for `________ campgrounds' and put the city in the blank. It's not perfect but helpful.
My Garmin GPS has the same function with the added advantage of showing how much time it will take to get there and, of course, the route.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
I use www.woodalls.com where you can search by distance to a particular city and search by amenities.
then I check www.rvparkreviews.com to make the decision.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
For those who don't mind using REAL books, there is always the old standby, the Woodall's Campground Directory.
I have an old one in the coach that still works. It doesn't depend on cell service or internet availability.
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

soos
Explorer II
Explorer II
bob_nestor wrote:

Another good app is AllStays, but it requires network connectivity. That was a real deal breaker for me in Canada and Alaska where my phone only worked when I had access to WiFi.

That is not actually true. we are traveling in Alaska and canada all summer. Allstays is the best app i have.
If you open the app when you have cell signal, it downloads the basic map, and the map will be there the next time you open it, signal or not.
Also, whether the map pops up or not, the camprounds, dump stations, Rest areas, walmarts, etc will always show up, as will the little blue dot that shows your location, making it easy to see what campgrounds etc are nearby, whether you have signal or not.

Love this app.
sue
Sue
soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com
Fulltiming since 2009
2012 Mobile Suites 36 TKSB4 pulled by a
2011 Ford F450
2005 Lance 1181 TC- our Vacation Home

zekegb
Explorer
Explorer
Much as I get upset with some of the displays, I use Woodalls/Good Sam guide. I have now figured out how to look at the listings in map mode and broaden it to include all CGs. The old Woodalls was much superior before Good Sam bought it.

Have also used:
RV Park Reviews
Reservations.gov
ReserveAmerica

It also depends on what type of facility you like: RV resorts, private campgrounds, USFS, COE, state parks, county parks, national parks, etc.

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
First place I look is Passport America

Then I go to RV Park Reviews

Before we head out I usually make a list of parks in the general area we plan on passing through, figuring on 250 to 300 miles per day. Then about noon we decide how far we want to go and call ahead for a space.
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
brirene wrote:
RVParky app or website. Developer is a member here. Great site. Plug in the town or area and it will give you all the cg's in the area, links to websites, and other info. Btw, I have nothing to do with it other than use it, and don't know the developer personally.

Yes, great application. I used it on my trip to Alaska. On the plus side it works even when you don't have network access, on the minus side it doesn't list every possible camp site. The sites listed are user contributed. I stayed at some places that weren't listed and I added them and I'd encourage all users to do the same. The developer is very responsive.

Another good app is AllStays, but it requires network connectivity. That was a real deal breaker for me in Canada and Alaska where my phone only worked when I had access to WiFi.

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Did you google "RV park list"?
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

murphysranch
Explorer
Explorer
Just bookmarked RV Parky. Nice site with honest reviews, not edited nor controlled like another RV park review website.
Empty nesters
2 cats
2 cattle dogs too!