cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is there any brush you can clean slide out from ground ?

woodman1
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for brush or instructions to make one.
22 REPLIES 22

camperkilgore
Explorer
Explorer
I just use an old beach towel with a rope tied to one corner. Wad up the towel and throw it on top as far as I can and pull it off, repeating until I cover the width of the slide and nothing comes off. Then go to the other end of the slide and do the same. Works for me, and it's easy to store. Can use it for other drying uses also.
Tom & Carol

tegu69
Explorer
Explorer
Pretty simple. The most expensive thing was the mop head cover ($11), since I already had an old paint roller and extendable pole.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Give these guys a call.
http://www.adjust-a-brush.com/

Ask about the fountain handle.
"We offer telescopic flow-through handles, telescopic handles, fountain handles and standard handles..."

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

larrydp
Explorer
Explorer
DW and I use a ladder and leaf blower
Larry, Ali, and Halle (part-time watch dog)
Make it a Great Day!!!

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
x3 Leaf blower w/gutter kit. Works pretty good.
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!

tegu69
Explorer
Explorer
I have been thinking about getting something for my slide and you have started me going on this. I took an old paint roller and re-bent it in a vise. Thinking about attaching a 1 x (3 maybe), the length of the width of roof on the slide. Then getting some kind of mop material to attach to that. I have a telescoping pole that I got from H D that screws on the paint roller.

FLGup
Explorer
Explorer
wbwood wrote:
Leaf blower with a gutter cleaning kit.

WorxAir blower.....with gutter attachment.

This is what I use. It also works great for cleaning off the rug and blowing off the awning. When not traveling it is in the garage for quick clean ups.

I just need to buy a concave mirror and mount it on a telescoping pole to view the slide roof to make sure I got everything.
FL-Guppie "small fish in a big pond"
2024 Grand Design 22MLE
2018 Ford F150 SuperCrew 3.5L Ecoboost, maxtow

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Leaf blower with a gutter cleaning kit.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer
I use a telescoping ladder nowadays.
Don't know what such a ready-made broom would cost but this has to be cheaper, and probly works just as well. 1st few years RVing I u-bolted (w/wing nuts for ease) a small push broom onto my height checker. Worked okay, but was a bit clumsy.

woodman1
Explorer
Explorer
I want to thank everyone for their reply s. I was hoping there would be one made just for that job. I have a telescoping handle for washing the rig but unsure if you could get something to attach with the same threads. Also thinking of attaching a mirror opposite the brush.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
If I was to devise one, I would start by bending some EMT and incorporating that with an extendable handle.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I saw someone use exactly what you are taking about at the park last fall just before he pulled his slide in.

Sorry, I didn't ask him where he got it.

Vette_Racer
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes wrote:
Have a look in the paint dept. Extending pole, much better than the stuff RV suppliers have, & adjustable brush holder that fits it for reaching high places.

Is there any reason why you cannot use a ladder or, better still, get up on the roof & wash from up there? The roof is as stable as the floor inside.
Some of us old folks couldn't get on the roof if we tried, let alone "should", whether we can or not. X2 for that kind of a tool but haven't found one yet.
KE5NCP
2016 Ram CC Dually, 2011 HitchHiker 349 RSB DA, 2018 Wrangler unlimited Rubicon

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Double
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995