cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Just follow the GPS

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not sure this has been posted yet looks like it happened yesterday, Just ran across it today! Canada woman drives into lake.

It`s nice to know the stupid people aren't only in the U.S. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!
11 REPLIES 11

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
spoon059 wrote:
msgtord wrote:
Always turn off the voice commands.

So she can take her eyes off the road while driving? That sounds like an even worse decision. Voice commands allow you to look at the road and conditions therein...

Some people can walk and chew gum....others can barely remember to breathe without being told!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
msgtord wrote:

So she can take her eyes off the road while driving? That sounds like an even worse decision. Voice commands allow you to look at the road and conditions therein...
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I mean do not they ever watch TV (Remember the commercical where the GPS says "TURN RIGHT" (Driver turns right into a flower shop) "IN 800 FEET".
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Tvov wrote:
I tend towards thinking she is just blaming the GPS for her own mistake / idiocy / texting driving.

I agree. It's the blame game. No one is responsible for their own actions. It's always the fault of someone else.
But, it does keep some lawyers employed. ๐Ÿ™‚

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
I tend towards thinking she is just blaming the GPS for her own mistake / idiocy / texting driving.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
It's Canada. Maybe she thought the water was still frozen. :@

msgtord
Explorer
Explorer
1995 Fleetwood Mallard 22B.
2014 Ford F250 Crew Cab. 6.2, 4x4.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
According to the article, she missed her turn, which I'm assuming was given to her by the GPS. So if she had followed the directions from the GPS she wouldn't have driven into the bay...or if she had an IQ higher than the temperature of the water.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
darsben wrote:
If the article is read it states "The woman, who was not familiar with the area, was driving in Tobermory when she missed a right turn and drove straight into a boat launch leading into the Georgian".
So she was NOT following her GPS directions.
NOT THE GPS FAULT!

The GPS probably said " in 100 meters turn right" She just heard the last part... maybe.

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
If the article is read it states "The woman, who was not familiar with the area, was driving in Tobermory when she missed a right turn and drove straight into a boat launch leading into the Georgian".
So she was NOT following her GPS directions.
NOT THE GPS FAULT!
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
The worst part is the article referred to her as "fast thinking"!! But in her defense, it was a "dark and stormy night" so anybody could have driven 100 feet off a boat ramp into the bay. Sure, happens everyday.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"