cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keurig coffee makers for the RV

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
Just looking for recommendations for the right model of Keurig coffee maker, mostly it will just be me and my wife using it. So which model do you use / recommend?
Proud father of a US Marine
65 REPLIES 65

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
I found a funnel similar to a mellita except it has a tube on the bottom that fits in a narrow mouth thermos bottle. I now only make coffee once a day. The thermos keeps it hot but even better sealed from the air, the coffee keeps all day and still tastes good.

nickdarr
Explorer
Explorer
We have the K10/15 style single cup. Fits great in the tight cupboard and works great for one cup at a time. No reservoir to empty and the clean-up is easy. We like it.
Darren, Peggy, two kids, and the Poodle pair
2006 Ford F-350 Crew Cab PSD
2016 Outdoors Creekside 27DBHS

irontodd
Explorer
Explorer
mike-s wrote:
We camp, often boondocking. 100's of watts of electricity for coffee, no way. These take less room, cost less, are more environmentally sound, make better coffee, and aren't much work at all. Just heat the water over propane or a ...

Yes, I know it's not a direct answer to the question.

I love my Keurig at home, but for the TT, we use something similar to MikeS. It takes a few more minutes than a Keurig but no electricity reqired, no disposable filter, and I get to have my favorite Pinon nut coffee on the road or in the forest. We have been using this since our tenting days.

https://www.amazon.com/Frieling-Coffee-Karat-Plated-Filter/dp/B005Z48XZ0

hedge
Explorer
Explorer
Get the Keurig B130, it only uses 700w. It's a hotel model so I think it's a bit more durable than the K15 consumer version. AFAIK these don't hold any water other than maybe a bit in the lines but not even sure about that as I think It's evaporated as part of the brewing cycle.

I'll gladly 'waste' a few watts of power to be replenished by my panels to have my coffee, It draws almost 60a when heating but that only lasts about a minute. I make 4 cups and it barely touches the batteries.

To me the Keurig smokes drip coffee and I especially like that there's no grounds to clean up. I never camp with services so I don't have unlimited water to rinse things off.

My first choice is probably using a press but it's too much mess.
2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB

Flarpswitch
Explorer
Explorer
If you must have a Keurig, the K15 is a good idea not only because of it's size, but I found that it gives you the best flexibility on how much water goes through the K-Cup. My preference is usually something the preset buttons do not provide; too weak or too strong. Personally, at home and when away, I grind the beans fresh each time, heat water in a kettle and use a Melita cone filter sitting on a thermos. The single cup ones work great too. However, that Gourmet hand press for K-Cups looks like it will make a better cup of coffee than the Keurig. You can control how fast the water goes through and get a better extraction. What the heck, I'm going to order two right now, they are on sale.
Steve

mike-s
Explorer
Explorer
We camp, often boondocking. 100's of watts of electricity for coffee, no way. These take less room, cost less, are more environmentally sound, make better coffee, and aren't much work at all. Just heat the water over propane or a fire:

Yes, I know it's not a direct answer to the question.

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
Funny running across this, I just bought one today for the fiver. Bought a K200 today on sale for $69, would have bought a k15 but this one was less on sale, has more features like stronger brew settings, and is pretty narrow. I have one in the house and love it. As far as not being able to drain it?, not sure yet what I'll do on that one. You can drain them but it's to much work for camping. I wonder if you run a few cups of white vinegar between trips. I'll probably put it next to my other one the the pantry (enough counter space in there) and rotate usage between the two. :B

Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

MrWizard
UnSeenBean

correct url link

did not see any think that grabbed my attention
although maybe i'll try the house blend someday
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
The right model for RV. the cheapest. a 10.. In fact I would go even cheaper. (Read on)

Unless you full time you do not use the RV's coffee maker every day. Keurig units can not be emptied of all water.. Unlike a automatic drip coffee maker.. So you end up with stagnant water if you do not use it often and keep running fresh through it.

The cheap ones.. May self empty (not sure) Mine is from Fred's discount stores, which you find in the South East US. IT is the "Store" make, and was like 25 bucks, works as good as my 10 did, if not better, comes with a filter for regular ground as well.

currently in use is a 5 Cup auto-drip.. But then I also got some very good whole bean (From theunseanbean.com) and grind it up here. Nice and fine, in my Mr. Coffee knife mill grinder...

K-Cups are for "Emergency coffee needs" as it were.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Camping World has a single cup model that we use. Very small and basic.

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
We don't plan on using it on an inverter, it will be either shore power or generator. The only thing we even use the factory installed 400 watt onboard one for is the crock pot while driving or to recharge phones etc while driving
Proud father of a US Marine

BBFD
Explorer
Explorer
DrewE wrote:
Are you planning on using this with an inverter? If so, take a close look at the wattage of the Keurig machines. Many are up around 1500-1800 watts, which requires a pretty hefty inverter and battery bank. (Obviously they don't use that amount of power for extended periods of time, so the total energy consumption is not too extreme, but it's a big surge to deal with.)

If you're going to be running a generator or connected to shore power, that is of course a lot less of a concern.

My single cup pulls 875w per the display on my Xantrex inverter. I plug it in right at the inverter and it's wired to the batteries (2' run) with 1/0 wire. No issues making multiple cups if you have a solid battery bank. I have 2 T-105's and 300w of solar. Trimetric meter says it's pulling 73 amps....
2013 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie CTD
2017 KZ Durango 292BHT

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I take along the K15 small and stores easily,when I am with out power I use One of these just heat the water on the stove and you have your Kureg coffee,they both work on the K Cups and the refillable ones.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
We didn't want to have to fill water for each cup of coffee, so we did not get the K15...but it does take up the least amount of space. We have the K45 (now the K55) because we didn't want bells and whistles, we didn't want digital screen, and we didn't want the reservoir in the back (too inconvenient on our RV counter). The K55 has simple buttons with reservoir on the side.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

DanJoan
Explorer
Explorer
We have a kuerig K15. Makes one cup at a time with no reservoir, so no need to dump and dry.
2017 Cherokee Limited (Patriot Edition)
2015 Dodge Ram Big Horn Edition

Moved up from 2004 Antiqua 195ck