Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keystone RV & Thor Industries

ka0dqz
Explorer
Explorer
To Whom It May Concern:
If you are considering purchasing or know someone who is you/they may wish to consider a manufacturer other than Keystone RV and Thor Industries. These two companies do not stand behind their products.
I have a 2013 Keystone Cougar High Country 321RES, purchased July 05, 2013. This unit has had numerous issues most that should have been caught on a final inspection prior to be shipped to a dealer.
The unit was taken back to the dealer, Century RV in Longmont, CO, on September 30, 2013 to have 7 issues addressed. As of the date of this posting all of the issues have not been completed. March 26, 2013 the dealer was notified of a crack that has appeared on the exterior wall of the main slide. This problem has not even been addressed as to when it will be repaired.
However, the largest issue is that also on March 26, 2013, it was discovered that one of the seals on the P-trap for the shower drain had never been installed. This allowed all of the shower water to drain into the belly of the RV. I was concerned about mold and mildew. I wrote Keystone and Thor Industries, the parent company of Keystone, and told them of my concerns. As of the date of this posting I have NEVER heard from Thor Industries. On June 12, 2013, I was contacted by Mr. Stephen Holmes, Manager of Owner Relations for Keystone RV, who promised to have an answer for me by close of business on June 13, 2013 and said he would call me. I did not hear from Mr. Holmes on Friday June 13th nor as of the date of this posting have I heard from Mr. Holmes.
69 REPLIES 69

phenrichs
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2012 Keystone Sprinter that we bought new. I have had issues with it and have never had to deal with Keystone. The dealer took care of all of that. Every time has been quick, friendly, and flawless. Sorry for your experience.
2006 Ram 3500 Megacab Cummins
2012 Keystone Sprinter 311BHS

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
No plumbing on the shower drain. Reminds me of our first fifth wheel, no hose hooked to the sani-flush fitting. Would have be a real mess if I hadn't of saw it before using. How in the he!! Does stuff like this get over looked?

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

rseymour21
Explorer
Explorer
Perhaps the best place for this would be Action line with Trailer Life! Where something might happen as compare to 3 pages of :h
2003 F250 7.3L
2008 Cougar 292RK

johnnyrv
Explorer
Explorer
Keystone is one company that appears frequently in action hotlines regarding poor customer service. Usually the complaint is then corrected.

Fastfwd75
Explorer
Explorer
Official employees from Ford are reading and addressing even simple issues on ford trucks forums. You simply mention a little something and they will contact you by private message and propose to communicate further or help you with the dealer if you are not satisfied.
In my case I was just complaining about having to go out ONCE in the winter when the remote start failed to work. Had not even gone to the dealer to have it checked yet.
On expensive items like cars and RVs customer service is more important than anything else. I will NEVER buy another Audi but I would let my Acura dealer service my dishwasher if he offered it ๐Ÿ™‚
Eco Camp 20BH
Ford F250 Lariat 4x4 4.30

Fastfwd75
Explorer
Explorer
720Deere wrote:
can you please direct me to even one instance where a rant like this has been productive?

I have seen many companies address and often correct a problem after a rant becomes popular on facebook or twitter. I would think that a major RV forum would also have an impact.

You can either pay an employee maybe 30-60 minutes addressing the problem with your customer or possibly lose many thousands in sales from people thinking twice about choosing your brand.
Eco Camp 20BH
Ford F250 Lariat 4x4 4.30

720Deere
Explorer
Explorer
I'm glad that we still have revolutionaries that are changing the world one internet forum rant at a time! Good luck with your efforts to punish Keystone for not addressing an issue almost 3 months prior to you even purchasing the unit. You may want to check the dates in your rant!

While I can appreciate your frustration, can you please direct me to even one instance where a rant like this has been productive? Where is your dealer in all of this? I had a few minor and one major warranty issue with my Fuzion and not unlike any other large manufacturer, they gave the dealer the run around on the major issue. My dealer resubmitted the claim 3 additional times until they got Keystone to authorize the repair. Consumers have no pull with these large companies. The only one that can get action for you is a persistent dealer. I suggest you redirect your rant at your dealer!
2011 Ford F-350 4X4 CC LB SRW 6.7
2013 Keystone Fuzion 315
B&W Companion Hitch
1 wife 2 kids and 1 dog

Robin1953
Explorer
Explorer
Double Post
2015 Grand Design Solitude 320X
2016 Ram 3500 DRW and Cummins

Robin1953
Explorer
Explorer
Fastfwd75 wrote:
Any RV can have issues but no company should ignore communications from a customer.
I think that this is the most sensible answer that I have read. I currently own a 2012 Keystone product that is sitting at the selling dealer with 32 defects including delamination on all four slide walls. I got tired of the run around from Keystone. The dealer stepped up to the plate and traded me for a different manufacturer's unit with a trade in value of almost 99% of what I gave for the Keystone. That was the third Keystone and the two previous units only had some issues but nothing like this one.
2015 Grand Design Solitude 320X
2016 Ram 3500 DRW and Cummins

rickeoni
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, the single post complainer...

Most companies miss the point when it comes to customer service. We are all in the customer service business and this seems to get forgotten far to often. What we do is different, some fix RV's, some repair stoves, some install roofs, but the one thing in common is the customer. The best companies always fix the client first, and poor ratings usually start with "nobody helped me". A quick analogy to put this into perspective. When you were a little child and skinned your knee you went running to your mom or dad crying. What is the first thing your mom would do, give you a big hug and kiss your boo-boo, only once you felt better did she fix the problem ( put on a bandaid ). The OP real problem is not with his trailer it is with the way his problems are being addressed.
2008 F450
2007 Adventurer 85WS
2012 Haulmark "The Garage"
2016 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak 26 RKS

ParkCountry
Explorer
Explorer
"You join this forum on June 11th to complain about your Cougar HC 321RES?????

Well we were very happy with our 2014 321RES unit. Loved it. Quality was much better than our traded in 2007 Jayco Eagle. All the features worked (remotes etc...) and the slide cable mechanism was much better than the rack & pinion type we had with Jayco.
To each their own.
Lets not forget Keystone is the largest RV manufacturer in America for a good reason.
Happy trails,,. "

Bill, with all due respect, I bet you'd be singing a different tune if you were in this man's shoes. Problems will pop up. It's service after the sale that is ultimately telling. Lucky you. You seem to have had very good luck with your unit, brand new as it is. Remember, people are generally caught up in the euphoria of their new toy, as you seem to be, but it's what happens years down the road that really determines the true quality of the product. Count your blessings. Some have not been as fortunate.

BillB800si
Explorer
Explorer
ka0dqz wrote:
To Whom It May Concern:
If you are considering purchasing or know someone who is you/they may wish to consider a manufacturer other than Keystone RV and Thor Industries. These two companies do not stand behind their products.
I have a 2013 Keystone Cougar High Country 321RES, purchased July 05, 2013. This unit has had numerous issues most that should have been caught on a final inspection prior to be shipped to a dealer..

========================

You join this forum on June 11th to complain about your Cougar HC 321RES?????

Well we were very happy with our 2014 321RES unit. Loved it. Quality was much better than our traded in 2007 Jayco Eagle. All the features worked (remotes etc...) and the slide cable mechanism was much better than the rack & pinion type we had with Jayco.
To each their own.
Lets not forget Keystone is the largest RV manufacturer in America for a good reason.
Happy trails,,.
Bill B. (S.E. Michigan)
2015 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W

BillB800si
Explorer
Explorer
MPI_Mallard wrote:
Thank god I own a Cedar Creek!

==================

Oh yes, Cedar Creek owned by Forest River. I've read plenty of unsatisfied Forest River customers.

Every RV manufacturer has problems.
Bill B. (S.E. Michigan)
2015 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
I have two 08' keystone Laredo's near me, the one across the road was given new decals to replace the ones falling off his fiver, the guy next to me has been fighting with keystone for close to a month now to get his replacements, he contacted keystone's corporate office looking for some help and was immediately sent back to their customer service dept. who is doing next to nothing for him. Thank god I own a Cedar Creek!
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blรผcher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...

Yak
Explorer
Explorer
The dealer is independent, so you have two issues