cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kidde Fire Extinguisher recall

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
It looks likethis would cover most RV extinguishers all the way back to 1972 Recall
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper
11 REPLIES 11

3boxerss
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a boat check that one too.. They replaced both the TT and our boat extinguishers and since they were a different size diameter they sent a bracket as well.. No problems with them so far..
2017 Wildwood XLite 201BHXL
2016 Ford F250
Previous Camper 2001 Bantam B19 by Trail Lite

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
They replaced 2 for me. Last week I noticed both gauges state they are discharged. I tested and sure enough, no more pressure. I guess the propellant leaked out? Far as I'm concerned Kiddie is trash.
I recommend everyone checks theirs every time they fill up with fuel. In-home, check every time you replace your smoke alarm batteries.

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
riven1950 wrote:
They replaced two for me. Were supposed to do one more. After several follow ups I gave up and just bought a new one.

Hope the brand you purchased had *metal* parts - handle, nozzle, etc.

Back When - commercial occupancies & apt bldgs of 4 units or more were req'd to have extinguishers (or multiple extinguishers) of 2A 10BC rating. (still are - requirements may vary by local codes).

We couldn't "suggest" which brand to purchase, however we would comment on which brand purchasers were unhappy with when the extinguisher service folks came around - due to plastic part/s failures, breakage, etc. (Buyer beware!)

Kiddie extinguishers received low marks!
(And that goes back to 1972 also, LOL)

:W

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
They replaced two for me. Were supposed to do one more. After several follow ups I gave up and just bought a new one.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
bobsallyh wrote:
They replaced mine way back when the recall was first posted. The new one came very quickly and stuffed the old one in the shipping box and either FedEx or UPS picked it up at the patio. Been awhile and sort of forgot about the recall until I saw your post.

X2. EZ
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
agesilaus wrote:
It looks likethis would cover most RV extinguishers all the way back to 1972 Recall

Hmmm ... am I reading the announcement in your link right ... in that the latest recall involves only plastic handled extinguishers?

(I had some replaced in the earlier recall and all of the replacements had metal handles and were replacing those with plastic handles.)
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
bobsallyh wrote:
They replaced mine way back when the recall was first posted. The new one came very quickly and stuffed the old one in the shipping box and either FedEx or UPS picked it up at the patio. Been awhile and sort of forgot about the recall until I saw your post.

Might want to check the chart on the link or call Kiddie. According to the report they are also recalling some of the ones that were replaced previously.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
A couple of years ago when the recall first came out they replaced two of mine and both came with mount and straps.

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. My RV fire extinguisher was made by First Alert.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
I hadn't seen it before but my wife did something that broke that strap that holds the extinguisher to the wall so maybe the replacement will come with a new mount...heh.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II