cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for a ''lost of control and roll over'' video

Claude_B
Explorer
Explorer
Many months ago, there was a video that was posted here about a Ford Excursion towing a long TT on highway and lost control of his combo. I think he was trying to avoid something on the road at the last second.

Someone remember and could give the link ?
Claude
2013 Gulf Stream VISA 19ERD
VW Touareg TDI 2013
VW Passat 2012 TDI
20 REPLIES 20

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
the bear II wrote:
Often what happens is the driver will over correct and continue to over correct until losing control. The best way to stop fish tailing is to apply just the trailer brakes manually and steer straight.....

X10!
First thing my Dad taught me was to grab the trailer brake with your hand if anything starts swinging. It's surprising how many. even long time towing RV'ers, do not know about this.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Often what happens is the driver will over correct and continue to over correct until losing control. The best way to stop fish tailing is to apply just the trailer brakes manually and steer straight. The weight of the trailer and braking will straighten everything out and then you can continue forward.

I once woke up while my DW was driving, the truck and trailer were swinging back and forth wildly, she kept sawing back and forth on the steering wheel. I grabbed the steering wheel held it straight and told her to apply the trailer brakes. All was well and I tried to go back to sleep.

BenK
Explorer
Explorer
Hope you find it and post it here

Just know that the majority here and other forums do NOT believe in the worst day
out there...or that if they do...it only happens to the other guy...

Most all only care it if 'can' do it...
-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
many of the videos placed on this forum come from You tube. look for it there

Claude_B
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the link 2oldman. Very interesting but it's not the one i'm looking for. We could see very clear that it was a Excursion and it was much clooser.
Claude
2013 Gulf Stream VISA 19ERD
VW Touareg TDI 2013
VW Passat 2012 TDI

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
This might be it.

Hard to find with misspelled words.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman