cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for fellow RVing writers

ellenbehr
Explorer
Explorer
Thought I'd reach out to other RVers who are actively writing and publishing (or have plans to publish). Anybody out there?

I've been writing forever and publishing nearly as long, but find more and more RVing writers as we travel. We've been full-timers since 2009 and I'd love to hear about what other writers have been working on. Hope you'll share your writing endeavors here!
15 REPLIES 15

ellenbehr
Explorer
Explorer
Durb wrote:
ellenbehr wrote:
Durb wrote:
I

I believe everyone has books lurking inside their heads. The hardest part is sitting down and starting. It flows from there and is very enjoyable.

I agree! Love hearing how you balance your writing and travel -- sounds like a natural fit for your lifestyle!

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
ellenbehr wrote:
Durb wrote:
I take my laptop when camping and write novels. I find the process so much more entertaining, fulfilling and engrossing than reading. I self publish for Kindle on Amazon which is a really easy process even though no one buys the books. My plans are to write two books this winter.

Durb -- How do you balance your writing and RVing adventuring? I keep struggling to find the time to do everything -- write, hike, explore, do the usual day-to-day stuff, etc. Do you have a schedule? Use self-imposed deadlines?

I don't full time and camp only about 40 days per year. We will winterize the trailer mid November as we live in the Northwest. Once the rain starts yard work ceases allowing plenty of time. I write only for personal enjoyment so there are no schedules or time lines. I start with a premise and let the books develop as I write which stokes my interest. I find the hardest part is wrapping them up to keep the word count to 80-90 thousand. This takes about two months of part time writing. I find my camping writing is generally on the front end of the books. My greatest time restraint is my hunt and peck typing.

I believe everyone has books lurking inside their heads. The hardest part is sitting down and starting. It flows from there and is very enjoyable.

ellenbehr
Explorer
Explorer
2112 wrote:
I enjoy reading Becky's IO Blog. Very interesting young lady. She doesn't post as much as she did in the past.

She's wonderful! And brings such energy and insight to her travels.

Explorer II
Explorer II
I enjoy reading Becky's IO Blog. Very interesting young lady. She doesn't post as much as she did in the past.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

ellenbehr
Explorer
Explorer
Durb wrote:
I take my laptop when camping and write novels. I find the process so much more entertaining, fulfilling and engrossing than reading. I self publish for Kindle on Amazon which is a really easy process even though no one buys the books. My plans are to write two books this winter.

Durb -- How do you balance your writing and RVing adventuring? I keep struggling to find the time to do everything -- write, hike, explore, do the usual day-to-day stuff, etc. Do you have a schedule? Use self-imposed deadlines?

ellenbehr
Explorer
Explorer

Donโ€™t feel like the Lone Ranger. I call myself a proud techno dinosaur!

๐Ÿ™‚

Durb
Explorer
Explorer

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
ellenbehr wrote:
monkey44 wrote:
Tried to PM you ellenbehr - you don't allow PM??

I would if I knew how... Where's this setting? Or maybe I was offline?

Sorry... I went in a matter of seconds from feeling fairly web-savvy to web-idiot ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

It's great to see there are so many fellow writers here!

Donโ€™t feel like the Lone Ranger. I call myself a proud techno dinosaur!

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
ellenbehr wrote:
monkey44 wrote:

Found it! I feel so much better now ๐Ÿ™‚ Open to PM.... Sorry for the learning curve. (And to think I once wrote a novel where hacking was a key element in it!)

Sent it again ... ๐Ÿ™‚
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
I went thru a phase and had a couple of articles in outdoor type magazines back when people still read that way. Semi-technical kind of stuff.

ellenbehr
Explorer
Explorer
monkey44 wrote:

Found it! I feel so much better now ๐Ÿ™‚ Open to PM.... Sorry for the learning curve. (And to think I once wrote a novel where hacking was a key element in it!)

ellenbehr
Explorer
Explorer
monkey44 wrote:

I would if I knew how... Where's this setting? Or maybe I was offline?

Sorry... I went in a matter of seconds from feeling fairly web-savvy to web-idiot ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

It's great to see there are so many fellow writers here!

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Monkey44
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
I was a journalist for years, wildlife protection and sports mostly, and photos. After a few years, decided to write only fiction. Have lots of non-fiction, and four novels, one SS collection. I still write, and have always been freelance.

I once wrote a complete novel, at night, sitting by campfires, Florida >> Georgia >> Blue Ridge >> PA >> NY >> MA >> finished draft in Vermont. Took seven months ๐Ÿ™‚ was quite a trip!!!
Monkey44
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845