cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for help on fulltiming for young couple with kids

TCINTN
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for some help for a young couple I attend church with. They are in the beginning stage of going fulltime with two small children which they homeschool. The husband works at home and can do it anywhere he is at. They are looking at fifth wheels for this adventure. What I am in need of is there any blogs which they can review of others who are doing the same that would help them in this planning stage.Or any blog that would help. I am helping the best I can but being a trout fishing,truck camper older person I can only do so much. Thanks for any help. This is one awesome young couple.
"But if not"
"Nevertheless"
9 REPLIES 9

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Hey, thanks all for mentioning me. Yes, I absolutely am an open book and will share the good and bad of fulltiming as a family. My wife and I have been on the road for 4.5 years now with our 2 kids. My son was 3 and daughter was 11 when we launched; they're now 7 and 16.

The recommendation for Fulltime Families is a great one. We have absolutely found our supportive friends and community with them. If your friends are Facebook users, Fulltime Families has great groups there.

I have friends with blogs, YouTube channels, and everything in between.

A few months back, I did an "ask me anything" on Reddit and answers questions of all sorts about our lifestyles:
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/dm5bvr/i_am_the_dad_of_a_family_of_4_dad_mom_daughter15/

Please let me know how I can help.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

K_and_I
Explorer
Explorer
Full time family blogs
K_and_I
2011 Rockwood 2604
Nights Camped in 2019: 85
Do we have time for shortcuts?

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes on the forum does this as well. I'm sure he'd be willing to help.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Did you tell them about this forum?

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
patperry2766 wrote:
Camper

The guy who did this conversion is on this forum. Goes by the name ependydad. Probably would be an outstanding source of information

X2, I know him thru a few forum boards and have met him in person as well, he has a lot of first hand knowledge both good and bad but he is honest and very truthful.
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
We can assist, though the crew is older and we aren't quite full timers (I won't post our site). There's also a group called full time families, and a variety of blogs written to generate income. One of the better ones is Crazy family adventure. Honestly, much of the useful information for us came from here, we just didn't know it when we read it- but realized it as we ran into those situations. Experience isn't obsolete yet.
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.

patperry2766
Explorer
Explorer
Camper

The guy who did this conversion is on this forum. Goes by the name ependydad. Probably would be an outstanding source of information
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Xcapers is a community within the Escapees RV club aimed at younger families with children:

Xcapers

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is full timing in the best interest of those children?
If a 5er interests them, do they have or can they purchase an adequate tow vehicle?
Are they contemplating moving often or seldom?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad