cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lowes Kobalt inflator

jesseannie
Explorer
Explorer
I bought an inflator at Lowes 12 volt or 120 ac I store my trailer at a yard with no power source so I was looking for something to purge my water lines when winterizing and to air up my tires before trips. I don't have a gennny and don't need one I have a small solar set up that keeps the batteries charged.
The compressor/inflator worked great. I hooked it up to the battery and set it for 40# and turned it on in a few minutes it was up to pressure and I went in and purged each faucet. Worked great.
I hooked to my trailer tire for a test and it pumped from 35# to 45# and automatically shut off.
I will also use it to inflate my kayak.
The only thing I did was to get an adapter with clamps s I can hook directly to the batteries instead of using the cigarette lighter.
It is slow but I am too.
I would recommend this. Great buy at about 45 bucks.
Jesseannie
6 REPLIES 6

FunTwoDrv
Explorer
Explorer
We've had one for about a year. So far, so good. It will pump our tires to 80psi but as stated, it's a tad slow. The only negative is the pressure setting is actually a little lower than actual. No big deal as I always set pressures with a gauge.

Gary

jesseannie
Explorer
Explorer
It will inflate to 120# you just have to be patient.
It worked great for purging the water lines. It blew water very strongly out of each individual faucet.
Jesseannie

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
I have an older version of this inflator. It works great for putting a little air in your tires, bikes, etc.

I ended up buying a larger, 5 gallon I believe, compressor for quicker work at home. I run my tires @ 40psi normally and 55psi when towing. The Kobalt will air them up but takes forever.

I still love this unit and take it with me on trips because it will do the job, just slowly. Compact and works off ac or dc.

Never tried it for purging lines and winterizing.

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm a little surprised it had the air flow to purge the water lines, but apparently it did so, to your satisfaction. I guess there must have been sufficient capacity in the pipes and such to store sufficient air for a faucet, and then it can recover and you could repeat for the other taps.

How high a pressure do you use in your tires? A lot of these little inflator gizmos really bog down or even poop out when trying to get a tire up to, say, 80 psi or more...but not everybody needs that high of a pressure for their rigs.

At any rate, it sounds like a very handy gizmo for you, and I'm glad it has worked out so well.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds good....how about a link?
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro