cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

manufactured rv port homes

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone heard of and been to lily Lake Golf Resort in Frostproof Florida? My DH and I love the idea of the manufactured rv port home. What a great set up. Wanting this type of set up but closer to the the beach. Atlantic or Gulf side doesn't matter. Thanks for any info. Tara
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL
13 REPLIES 13

3_dog_nights
Explorer
Explorer
guess not
Bob & Lynn
2 Chihuahua's, Ella, Gracie

was-2013 Open Range 424RLS,06' Chevy 3500, dually, Duramax/Allison

also was - 2015 Winnebago Adventurer 37F, towing 2003 Jeep Wrangler

now - 2021 NoBo 19.5, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL (Talk about downsizing!)

3_dog_nights
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone know of anything of this type on the NC/SC coast??
Bob & Lynn
2 Chihuahua's, Ella, Gracie

was-2013 Open Range 424RLS,06' Chevy 3500, dually, Duramax/Allison

also was - 2015 Winnebago Adventurer 37F, towing 2003 Jeep Wrangler

now - 2021 NoBo 19.5, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL (Talk about downsizing!)

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
caysea7254 wrote:
2chiefRus Deer Pointe looks very nice but we do not have motorhome. But thank you for info. ncrowley ,Utah would be our #1 choice if our kids didn't live east of Mississippi. We love it out in that area. Was out there last year and visited Zion and that whole area. Just Beautiful!!!! Thanks to everyone with the replies! Appreciate it ๐Ÿ™‚

You are welcome - by the way, only one section of the six in Deer Creek require a Class A motorhome. The other five allow other RV's. It just happens that the only original lots that have not already been sold are for the final class A only section. There are plenty of resales in the other 5 sections.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
2chiefRus Deer Pointe looks very nice but we do not have motorhome. But thank you for info. ncrowley ,Utah would be our #1 choice if our kids didn't live east of Mississippi. We love it out in that area. Was out there last year and visited Zion and that whole area. Just Beautiful!!!! Thanks to everyone with the replies! Appreciate it ๐Ÿ™‚
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
We looked for a place where we could have some sort of house and an RV garage or an RV port. Here are the places that would have worked:

Happy Trails in Surprise AZ
Lake Weir in Florida
Lilly Lake in Frostproof, FL
Voyager in Tuscon
Superstition Views in Gold Canyon, AZ

We ended up building a home with a large RV garage in a community called Dixie Springs in Hurricane UT. Absolutely beautiful area within walking distance of a large lake and close to St George. Lots of RV garages in the neighborhood and great folks.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I remember Stu visiting a place like that on his RV show. Each space had covered parking for the RV and a small building that had two rooms. One was basically a storage shed and the other furnished like a small apartment with kitchen and bathroom facilities, and a couple of comfortable looking lounge chairs.
Designed for full timers that needed a break from the road.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
caysea7254 wrote:
No but actually I just came across those port homes from the Great outdoors and look interesting.

We looked there about 10 years ago. It was a nice area but I'm not sure how shutting down the Space Shuttle program may have impacted the area. We actually didn't want near the beach because of the greater impact from storms. We recently built a small port home in Regal Pointe at Deer Creek RV Golf & Country Club. http://deercreekrv.com/resales.html There are six sections within Deer Creek.
Dave & Kathy
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
No but actually I just came across those port homes from the Great outdoors and look interesting.
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
Have you tried The Great Outdoors in Titusville?
Dave & Kathy
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone ever been to the Rv Garden village in Crossville TN? If so could you please tell me your thoughts about it. Thank you
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
My olive is for motorhomes only. This is what we would love for our retirement just somthing a little closer to beach. Thanks for info!
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
We went to see them and it is a nice community. We just thought it was a little small.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

Dance_Chick
Explorer
Explorer
We don't live far from there and drove through one day out of curiosity. We thought it was nice. It appeared to be the typical snowbird-type place. It's right off Hwy. 27 between Lake Wales and Frostproof. You might also look at Mt. Olive Shores in Polk City (off I-4 outside of Lakeland headed toward Orlando). MOS has manufactured homes with RV ports. Mt. Olive Shores North are stick built homes with the RV port.
Gene, Gayle, & Oliver (the dog)
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ/2012 Honda CRV toad
Blue Ox tow bar & base plate/Air Force One braking