cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Michigan Attorney discussion on state RV lemon laws

IT_Burnout
Explorer
Explorer
I follow an attorney Out of Michigan who specializes in Lemon Law. He put this out on RV lemon laws. No real new news here, but the fact that its being discussed might be hope for changes in quality at some point in the RV industry.

Link below
Steve Lehto

BTW he has another eye opening video on Traveling with cash. He has a few videos on this subject if you nose around a bit.
2017 Chevy Duramax LTZ with Z71
2018 Cedar Creek 34RL2 Hathaway Edition
7 REPLIES 7

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
The first time I came across one of his videos I thought ‘Lehto’s Law’ was a law that was passed somewhere. He has the name set that way to get more views. Very misleading name!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

am1958
Explorer
Explorer
I've listened to a couple of videos by him because I live in Michigan and they were pertinent to me. He does love the sound of his own voice..

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
JimK-NY wrote:
I have seen a couple of this guy's videos. The word dufus comes to mind.

you have more stamina than I do. I quit after about 1/4 of the linked one.
bumpy 🙂

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have seen a couple of this guy's videos. The word dufus comes to mind.

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
Hopefully in about 3 years I'm going to become a full-time nomad. As an option to carrying a large sum of cash which could get stolen or confiscated I plan on carrying a large sum of emergency money in traveler's checks.

Why traveler's checks? Because you can still get them and they're safer to carry than cash.

If my credit cards are lost or stolen I will still be able to get cash if I need it. The banks won't send new ATM or credit cards to me where I'm at on the road. They will only send them to my permanent home address which means I would have to return there to get them.

I don't know if cops would confiscate my traveler's checks, but if they did they couldn't cash them and I shure as heck ain't gonna sign them. All I would have to do is go where they are issued and have them canceled and replaced as stolen. They should issue me new traveler's checks. Let the cops have fun trying to cash any they take.

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well the discussion on RV lemon laws was basically showed that it was shot down in states that tried to add RVs to existing law.

I suspect nothing will change until people start suing the manufacturers for safety failings. Same as with the car industry.

As for the travelling with cash, first and foremost, the police need to stop you in order to take your money. Second, they have to know you have the money on you. So, obey the rules of the road and don't carry 200 $50 bills rolled up in your pocket and you likely won't have any trouble.

I agree with Bumpy's observation.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
IT_Burnout wrote:
video on Traveling with cash. He has a few videos on this subject if you nose around a bit.

by this guys reasoning, they could seize the car/RV/etc. claiming it smelled like a drug processing facility/movement device, etc. since the guy got $10,000 in 50s instead of 100s and didn't secrete it someplace in the vehicle, he would deserve to have problems. JMHO.
this guy gives lawyers a bad name.
bumpy